Circuit breaker tripping issue.
This is in my mom's house. There is 15 amp breaker feeding a ahndfull of outlets and bathroom lighting.

It is tripping when there's no load on it (as far as I can tell). Use the bathroom, take a shower etc and no problems. When you go back in after a while and try to trurn on the lights... nothing. The breaker tripped.

Any idea what could cause this?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Loose wire that will arc from house vibration/movement?
Is this the house that has a train track down the hill?
Do you know if there are any stab connections?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Could be a loose wire in one of the outlets, or cracked outlet. Perhaps humidity after the shower is causing the short that trips the breaker.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
(02-15-2019, 07:39 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: This is in my mom's house. There is 15 amp breaker feeding a ahndfull of outlets and bathroom lighting.

It is tripping when there's no load on it (as far as I can tell). Use the bathroom, take a shower etc and no problems. When you go back in after a while and try to trurn on the lights... nothing. The breaker tripped.

Any idea what could cause this?

Try swapping the breaker with another to see if it is the breaker.   I am assuming it is not a ground fault or arc fault breaker.   Also check the the connection on the breaker.   Roly
(02-15-2019, 08:16 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Loose wire that will arc from house vibration/movement?
Is this the house that has a train track down the hill?
Do you know if there are any stab connections?

Yes, same house. Possibility.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(02-15-2019, 10:50 PM)Roly Wrote: Try swapping the breaker with another to see if it is the breaker.   I am assuming it is not a ground fault or arc fault breaker.   Also check the the connection on the breaker.   Roly

Well it's 3000 miles from here. Question is for my own edumicational value.

... Kizar Sosay

Yea,,,,,kinda hard to reach out and diagnosis that far away.
Was it happening while you were there?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-16-2019, 07:29 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Well it's 3000 miles from here. Question is for my own edumicational value.

I take it you haven't a teleportation device yet.?!

A little hard to diagnose it this way. I'd guess there is something else on the breaker we don't know about, or it has a gfci breaker or something is heating the breaker (resistance) or the breaker is bad................
(02-17-2019, 08:06 AM)daddo Wrote:  I take it you haven't a teleportation device yet.?!

A little hard to diagnose it this way. I'd guess there is something else on the breaker we don't know about, or it has a gfci breaker or something is heating the breaker (resistance) or the breaker is bad................

I have also seen where a bare ground wire was right next to a hot terminal and a slight movement would cause it to short out.   Does it only happen after using the shower ?  That my narrow it down.  Roly
(02-17-2019, 08:06 AM)daddo Wrote:  I take it you haven't a teleportation device yet.?!

I've been looking for one of those for years. Can you tell me where you got yours?
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"