Daily Bench Shot
It's been 6 years since I posted, but here are some projects I am doing now.

The first is finishing a wall mirror my dad had put together years ago but wasn't able to complete.  I sanded, added the mirror glass from a custom glass shop, and will finish it soon.  I swear the sheet metal is a reflection.

The second are the cherry boards under the mirror that will hopefully turn into a Shaker cherry buffet some time in the near future.

[Image: D0OlvL5YeP7K2XyAwYXGaN-jw2hzSOua87dgHSyh...4H3A=w2400]
That's a cool design on that mirror!
(03-08-2019, 01:01 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: That's a cool design on that mirror!

+1

And welcome back Yak
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-08-2019, 12:51 PM)yak Wrote: It's been 6 years since I posted, but here are some projects I am doing now.

The first is finishing a wall mirror my dad had put together years ago but wasn't able to complete.  I sanded, added the mirror glass from a custom glass shop, and will finish it soon.  I swear the sheet metal is a reflection.

The second are the cherry boards under the mirror that will hopefully turn into a Shaker cherry buffet some time in the near future.

[Image: D0OlvL5YeP7K2XyAwYXGaN-jw2hzSOua87dgHSyh...4H3A=w2400]

I like the mirror!

Welcome back
Peter

My "day job"
(03-06-2019, 06:58 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I've been wanting to get all of my bandsaw blades in *1* place
Rolleyes  and hung up.

Mission accomplished today.

Beautiful shop

How often do you change blades?

When I first got my bandsaw I thought I'd change blades to more easily suit the job.  Now I almost never change them.

And I only really use two blades.

A 3/4" resaw king and a 3/8" Supercut blade
Peter

My "day job"
Not to often. I just removed a 3/16" that decided it wanted to leave. It was getting dull anyway.
Mainly I use the 3/16", a 1/2" on those narrow resaws, and a 1-1/4" for those wider resaws, 4-5" and up.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Top for armoire in progress to go with nightstand posted the other day.

Attached Files Image(s)

See ya later,
Bill
(03-08-2019, 08:37 AM)Cian Wrote: Bravo!  That looks great! 
Cool

thanks all!
(03-08-2019, 06:46 PM)Bill_de Wrote: Top for armoire in progress to go with nightstand posted the other day.

Cool
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-07-2019, 10:14 PM)mongo Wrote: Finished up the case piece. Solid poplar.  No plywood.  t&g back panel the molding bread boarded along the top.

dark walnut stain, garnet shellac, then lacquer

the pics with the baskets are truer to color

Slick.  Looks good.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin