Account not activated?
Is there an active moderator on these forums? How does one get their account "activated"?
Now where is that chisel
(03-27-2019, 11:14 AM)Smashedfinger Wrote: Is there an active moderator on these forums? How does one get their account "activated"?

There are active moderators, but they normally don't handle that. They do more of the screening of posts and purging of spammers.  The registration process is as such:

After a new user signs up, they are placed in the "Awaiting Activation" group.  Then they have to confirm their registration via clicking on a link that is emailed to their email address.  Then, after they click this link, they are placed in the "Registered" group.  After that, they must be online on the site for at least 1 hour, and then they should automatically be promoted to "Member", at which point they can post.
In your case, you were marked as a Member, so you should have been able to post, but your display status was still marked as "Awaiting Activation" for some reason. I've fixed this now in your case, although my guess is that this has happened to others as well, so I'll investigate.
I am having that problem as well. Also, I can't activate my signature line.
Every time I click on "Show my signature in every post", it just reverts to the default
of "Show no signature".

Any fixes for that?
Don't ask me. I'm lost too.
(03-27-2019, 01:40 PM)sysadmin Wrote: There are active moderators, but they normally don't handle that.  They do more of the screening of posts and purging of spammers.  The registration process is as such:

After a new user signs up, they are placed in the "Awaiting Activation" group.  Then they have to confirm their registration via clicking on a link that is emailed to their email address.  Then, after they click this link, they are placed in the "Registered" group.  After that, they must be online on the site for at least 1 hour, and then they should automatically be promoted to "Member", at which point they can post.

I can do stuff....but can not add signature.
Account not activated.
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
Hello? Bueller? Bueller?
(04-05-2019, 12:46 PM)Enigmatic Wrote: Hello? Bueller? Bueller?

60 posts, and you're still not activated yet? Wow.....
I like wood....Jim Beam black....80's rock....guns....but not necessarily in that order.
(04-10-2019, 10:36 AM)ripjack13 Wrote: 60 posts, and you're still not activated yet? Wow.....

Yeah, it's pretty bad when you can't get an admin to respond in 2 weeks.

Rolleyes
(04-12-2019, 02:00 PM)Enigmatic Wrote: Yeah, it's pretty bad when you can't get an admin to respond in 2 weeks.

Rolleyes

Make that a month now.
Rolleyes
(04-26-2019, 05:24 AM)Enigmatic Wrote: Make that a month now.
Rolleyes

I think I'll just stay over on woodbarter.  if the admins and mods can't be bothered to activate an account, why should I be bothered to stay?

so much for branching out.
I like wood....Jim Beam black....80's rock....guns....but not necessarily in that order.