Daily Bench Shot
(04-01-2019, 06:14 AM)Redman Wrote: Nice box. I like what you did with the grain.

Thanks!  Doug fir grain is wild.

Of interest to me....is the east/west drawer divider.
Compliments of my study of Jeff Vollmer's work.
...it's the simple things that add pleasure to our lives.
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
Box assembled, start on the face frame now.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

Face frame done, rails & stiles cut for the door, raised panel in the clamps.

Been a long time since I've done a raised panel door  
Blush  going to be a re-learning experience.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool How wide will your door be Ed.  I usually never went over 20"
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Overall, 15 1/2 wide x 19 tall. Had to make the panel glue-up taller so I can drum sand it.

Don't think I've ever went over 20 either,  I did some 36" tall doors once, made them 2 panel, turned out great.

Ed
My wife asked for an egg display box as a center piece for Easter dinner, since we're hosting the family this year. This is mocked up; I need to drill the holes in the plywood for the eggs to sit in. Then sand and glue up.

I resawed the lumber to get continuous grain around the sides.

I was given a bunch of lumber recently from the stock of a recently deceased woodworker. This is the first piece from that stock. Next will be a box to give back to his son.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

(04-09-2019, 02:31 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My wife asked for an egg display box as a center piece for Easter dinner, since we're hosting the family this year.   This is mocked up; I need to drill the holes in the plywood for the eggs to sit in.  Then sand and glue up.

I was given a bunch of lumber recently from the stock of a recently deceased woodworker.  This is the first piece from that stock.  Next will be a box to give back to his son.

Cool lookin grain
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Wink 
I'm building columns to replace the ones around my porch (thirty columns altogether), this one is about ready to go up.  I'll be glad when this project is over so I can have my workbench back for more important things, like cutting boards!

Attached Files Image(s)

"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
(04-09-2019, 02:31 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My wife asked for an egg display box as a center piece for Easter dinner, since we're hosting the family this year.   This is mocked up; I need to drill the holes in the plywood for the eggs to sit in.  Then sand and glue up.

I was given a bunch of lumber recently from the stock of a recently deceased woodworker.  This is the first piece from that stock.  Next will be a box to give back to his son.

Beautiful wood (and beautiful work), is that tiger maple?
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)

Nice project and beautiful piece of wood. Should help to make it a Happy Easter.

---
See ya later,
Bill