Daily Bench Shot
(04-11-2019, 01:15 PM)kdouglaslee Wrote: I'm building columns to replace the ones around my porch (thirty columns altogether), this one is about ready to go up.  I'll be glad when this project is over so I can have my workbench back for more important things, like cutting boards!

That's quite an undertaking. I hope you post a picture of the finished project.

--
See ya later,
Bill
Last night's bench shot was my jointer refurb project. I installed blades and tested after rebuilding it.

It works!

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Lookin good on the jointer
Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

New to me Griz Lathe (G5979, their older version with the sheet-metal legs) that I picked up almost a year ago. Up until this past week, about I'll I'd done is tear it down and then rebuild because the Reeves drive had seized. Seems fine now if a bit stiff, but getting better the more I use it.

My old lathe is a little bench top from PSI that I also purchased 2nd hand (oddly enough, from Wood Magazine because they had bought a bunch of mini lathes for a review article years ago).

Anyway, giving this lathe a shake down cruise. Literally because I didn't go a good job centering the blank at first. Plus the rolling base handed over by the previous owner still needs work (and weight).

Quick and dirty little bowl made from a glued-up blank of poplar. 

I am SO out of practice using a lathe. Bit more time with the 80 grit gouge than I'd have liked. Not that I was ever good in the first place. Just don't turn much, heck, lathe sat nearly a year before I got back to working on it!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Drilled the door hinges tonight....been a few years since I used the Blum, lot of head scratching to verify my setup.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: cGPCqdn.jpg]
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
[Image: cGPCqdn.jpg]
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
(04-12-2019, 09:48 PM)EdL Wrote: Drilled the door hinges tonight....been a few years since I used the Blum, lot of head scratching to verify my setup.

Ed

Yes......Hinge driller. One of the best investments I've made also. Sure beats a drill press and a forester bit. Have you got the shelf driller attachment for yours?
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-13-2019, 10:17 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes......Hinge driller. One of the best investments I've made also. Sure beats a drill press and a forester bit. Have you got the shelf driller attachment for yours?

Yes, the 7 spindle version.

Ed