Bandsaw dust collection idea
Pretty clever idea for catching dust on a bandsaw.  I'm not sure every bandsaw would have the clearance required however.  Video is close to a year old so apologies if this has been posted already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mivo91Gy1mQ
(04-17-2019, 09:15 AM)Juss1 Wrote: Pretty clever idea for catching dust on a bandsaw.  I'm not sure every bandsaw would have the clearance required however.  Video is close to a year old so apologies if this has been posted already.

Looks like a good solution.
That is pretty clever.  I wonder if it is so close that some dust is still carried through it via the blade's gullet.

Also a neat idea in that video, BTW, is those zero clearance blocks he has built into his throat plate.
Clever indeed. It’d be great on a saw that the blade isn’t changed much if the blade is changed frequently maybe cutting the kerf with a thin kerf TS blade would work better and allow guide adjustment.
(04-17-2019, 09:15 AM)Juss1 Wrote: Pretty clever idea for catching dust on a bandsaw.  I'm not sure every bandsaw would have the clearance required however.  Video is close to a year old so apologies if this has been posted already.

Pretty nifty! Here's a link to the fabrication of that fancy smanchy bandsaw blade insert.  Here's another takeoff on bandsaw dust collection. I didn't have a CNC!

Doug
Not bad.

Rob Cosman has a video on bandsaw dust collection using just a plumbing pipe section. Check that one out too.

Simon
That's quite a bit more sophisticated than my solution.  I repurposed the bandsaw's pivoting lower guide access door: 

[Image: IMG_1853.jpg]

<Not quite sure what has changed with the platform software but I can't view my post embedded images any longer.>
(04-19-2019, 01:21 PM)Cian Wrote: That's quite a bit more sophisticated than my solution.  I repurposed the bandsaw's pivoting lower guide access door: 

[Image: IMG_1853.jpg]

<Not quite sure what has changed with the platform software but I can't view my post embedded images any longer.>

<SCANNING PHOTOGRAPH FOR EVIDENCE OF SAWDUST STOP NONE FOUND STOP CARRY ON> <
Wink >
(04-19-2019, 03:41 PM)AgGEM Wrote: <SCANNING PHOTOGRAPH FOR EVIDENCE OF SAWDUST STOP NONE FOUND STOP CARRY ON> <
Wink >

Upset
Laugh
Laugh
I did a variation of the Rob Cosman on my  14" Delta with the useless vac port that pivots out of the way. I cut off the vac attachment added  1/4"  plywood to the hinged part, and drilled it to allow a vac nozzle to pass thru it. notched the vac tool so the blade fits in the airflow path. Collects almost everything and makes a big difference. I had an extra vac tool from somewhere.