Video doorbell
We installed a ring 2 a few days ago. Looking at the time line I see blocks anywhere from a couple minutes to as much as 30 minutes. Does anyone know if this is typical? I e-chatted with their c.s. People and they were not much help. I’m guessing ours was not one of the topics in the guide they read from. Do any of the tech savvy here know if our WiFi can be blocked? I did read people with these cameras have encountered missing video when the delivery people show up. Thanks
We considered purchasing the Ring2. I can only tell you what I have read about them:

- Apparently, in order for them to function well, you need to purchase the cloud storage for $30/year. Otherwise, you have only a few seconds to "answer" and view the video.
- They are sometimes slow to respond to movement and don't get the video.
- They are apparently easily hacked and the hacker can disable them as they approach.

I can't verify any of that.
I have the ring doorbell, and it SUCKS.  They use some sort of heat map sensor to detect motion.  My front door faces the west... as soon as the sun peeks around from the south side to the west, my motion sensor starts going off like crazy.  I've contacted their support many times... just doesn't work well.
Also, when someone rings the doorbell, it's so slow to respond, can't actually answer it in a normal fashion.
Needless to say i don't pay for the service, as all it does it capture leaves moving in the wind, or the tail ends of cars driving by.

Colin
I have a ring 2 and HATE it. The delay from the app is beyond ridiculous. It’s bloody huge. I can’t figure out how to load it on both our phones despite following their instructions and tech support simply tells me to follow their instructions...well thanks for the help a$$hat.

It’s my worst purchase I’ve made in a while. And since it’s the size of a compact sedan I’m stuck with it since I drilled holes into my brick to mount the darn thing.

Worthless.
-Marc

(07-09-2019, 11:47 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I have a ring 2 and HATE it. The delay from the app is beyond ridiculous. It’s bloody huge. I can’t figure out how to load it on both our phones despite following their instructions and tech support simply tells me to follow their instructions...well thanks for the help a$$hat.

It’s my worst purchase I’ve made in a while. And since it’s the size of a compact sedan I’m stuck with it since I drilled holes into my brick to mount the darn thing.

Worthless.

I assume you didn't make one of those 5 star reviews either.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(07-09-2019, 11:47 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I have a ring 2 and HATE it. The delay from the app is beyond ridiculous. It’s bloody huge. I can’t figure out how to load it on both our phones despite following their instructions and tech support simply tells me to follow their instructions...well thanks for the help a$$hat.

Worthless.

What happens when you try to load the app on the 2nd phone?  I assume the first one worked, since you complained about the delay of the app.

Colin
Trying the nest now. Video isn’t as clear as ring. It fits on the door trim, isn’t as just plain ugly as the ring and captures video 24/7. Ring customer service from both countries did try to help. The nest app isn’t as simple to use as the ring.
Sorry I missed responding to this earlier.

When I load the app on the second phone it automatically removes the permissions from the first phone so it’s no longer connected.

I bought it when my wife had was out on maternity leave at the end/beginning of the year. I thought it would be handy to see who was at the door so if she was holding the baby she didn’t risk waking her just to get to the door for a Jehovah’s Witness or something. Instead it’s just been even more aggravating.
-Marc

Interesting. I have it loaded on three devices and it works just fine