Bosch Palm Router
My CNC Shark uses a Bosch Colt for the Spindle. 
I have had the CNC for 11 years now. I finally had to replace the Colt last year. 10 years it worked on my CNC, and the machine gets used a lot. 

I replaced it with a new one, and bought the bearings to rebuild the original so I won’t have to dismount it when I need a Palm Router.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Another alternative is the Makita RT0701C trim router. I have this one, have not used the Bosch, but read many comparisons, and the Makita comes out tops in all departments. Mine has the basic fixed-base, as well as a plunge base. There is excellent dust extraction for both, plus variable speed and soft start, which the Bosch may not have. Before purchasing the Bosch, you really should check out the Makita.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(07-10-2019, 01:00 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Another alternative is the Makita RT0701C trim router. I have this one, have not used the Bosch, but read many comparisons, and the Makita comes out tops in all departments. Mine has the basic fixed-base, as well as a plunge base. There is excellent dust extraction for both, plus variable speed and soft start, which the Bosch may not have. Before purchasing the Bosch, you really should check out the Makita.

Regards from Perth

Derek

The Makita must be pretty good, it's the one the cloners chose to clone. MLCS Rocky 30 and Grizzly T27139 and I'm sure others.
(07-14-2019, 09:25 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: The Makita must be pretty good, it's the one the cloners chose to clone. MLCS Rocky 30 and Grizzly T27139 and I'm sure others.

Kurt, I have both the Makita and a clone that looks nearly identical to it (even down to the colour and exactly the same fittings). The Makita is very slightly better finished, and is slightly quieter (actually quite a quiet router when the speed is tuned down). They otherwise feel, work and taste the same
Smile

The past two days I have been using the Makita to remove the waste from half-blind dovetails ..

[Image: B11.jpg]

Used here with the 27mm hose from Mirka. This is lighter, more flexible and half the price of a Festool hose, and also anti-static.

[Image: B7.jpg]

I was considering getting the cordless version of the Makita, and today I realised that it would not work as well. Why? Well, the powered version has superb dust control. The vacuum cleaner I use is a Festool CT26E, which has an automatic on-off. This is set by the power going on the power tool. Now a cordless power tool cannot be connected this way to the VC. (I guess that this is a possible reason why Festool have brought out a wireless connector?).

[Image: Routing.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Derek, Festool actually makes a Bluetooth version of their vacs. You can buy a vac with bt already installed or retrofit your ct 36 or 26. They make bt batteries which automatically turns the vac on and off like a regular corded tool but for tools with non bt batteries you can used the included transmitter. The transmitter is attached to end of the hose and you simply turn the vac on and off using it. Cost is around $100 for the retro fit.

Beware doesn't work with older 22 and 33 vacs however.
That makes it an awfully expensive router (when you add in the transmitter, a charger and batteries). I'll stick with the corded version.

Regards from Perth

Derek
(07-16-2019, 10:13 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: That makes it an awfully expensive router (when you add in the transmitter, a charger and batteries). I'll stick with the corded version.

Regards from Perth

Derek

BT batteries are only for Festool brand tools and I just mentioned as just another option but not necessary. In your case all you would need is the retrofit.  So around $100.

Not sure it's worth it for you.  I haven't found the need quite yet but I only have 1 cordless tool (that's not a drill) so I may change my mind in the future.
Father's Day has come and gone, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I also have a Bosch Colt and I like it's convenience. It's the one I use exclusively for rounding over edges and mortising for hinges. I also have an issue with the depth adjustment. It's quite difficult to get it consistently right. I've also had an issue where it won't hold the depth and it slips. I have to really snug down the clamp tight before routing. In reviews I've seen, another option is the Dewalt trim router. Dewalt makes two versions. The more powerful one usually gets the better ratings. The Dewalt has better depth adjustment.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Which model is the more powerful version of the dewalt? I thought they only one model. 611
(07-17-2019, 02:51 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Which model is the more powerful version of the dewalt?  I thought they only one model. 611

The "Laminate Trimmer" is 7/8 HP and their "Compact Router" is 1-1/4 HP.  The 611 is the Compact Router.

https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-to...rs/routers
Still Learning,

Allan Hill