capacitor for Craftsman radial arm saw
I burned out the capacitor for my Craftsman radial arm saw.  It has happened in the past.  Replacement is quick and easy.

Of course now there are no Sears replacement parts available.  The last time I spent about $15.00 and I picked it up at a local Sears warehouse.  

This time I found only a generic version in the correct voltage from Supplyhouse.com.  The price for three (with shipping) was $12.45.

I ordered it this morning at 9:00 a.m. and it was posted on my AMEX card minutes later.  I have not received an email acknowledgement yet.  

When it comes in I will let you know if it worked or not.  

I bought the saw used about 12 years ago.  This is the third capacitor I've burned out in that time.  I don't know if that is high or low for capacitors.  In any case the shipping was $5.00 for one or for three so I ordered three.  I will tape the extras to the saw leg for future use.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Update:  3:02 p.m. Received notice that my order has shipped.  Scheduled for delivery by UPS tomorrow.
Sounds kinda high on the capacitor eating list.

All these years of having machinery, I've replaced 1 capacitor on a 4HP motor.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-16-2019, 02:58 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Sounds kinda high on the capacitor eating list.

All these years of having machinery, I've replaced 1 capacitor on a 4HP motor.

And my RAS is not my main saw.  I only use if for wider cross cuts and dadoes.  I use a chop saw for most cuts.

I think it is very high, but I see on line that people consider it a consumable.  It only takes about 10 minutes to replace and at under $3.00 each I am not replacing the saw.
If the new ones have the same rating as the old there isn't any reason to think they won't work///as long as they physically fit. On my Dewalt I've replaced the capacitor twice. That may be high but like you said it's not a big deal to replace, either time wise or money wise. Now that I think about it, it hasn't blown in over 3 years.....I may be due.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The purpose of this thread is to review the vendor's performance. 

I ordered it early yesterday and I received notice from UPS that it is arriving today. 

They  charged a reasonable $5.00 for shipping and $2.45 each for the capacitors.  The same $5.00 would ship 1 or more pieces.  I ordered three. 

If the capacitors work (I have every reason to believe that they will) then this is a good source for replacements.

I will install  it this weekend and report.

I should have included a link:  https://www.supplyhouse.com/Jard-11914-1...citor-125V
The capacitor arrived and was installed.  But that was not the problem.

There was a plastic cover for the non-business side of the motor shaft and that walked off at some point.  The shaft stub had abraded the power cord and I will have to splice that together. 

I will also have to make some sort of cover to prevent this from happening again. 

So I don't know if the new capacitor works; I'm fairly sure that there was nothing wrong with the old one now.
(07-18-2019, 07:21 AM)Cooler Wrote:  The capacitor arrived and was installed.  But that was not the problem.

There was a plastic cover for the non-business side of the motor shaft and that walked off at some point.  The shaft stub had abraded the power cord and I will have to splice that together. 

I will also have to make some sort of cover to prevent this from happening again. 

So I don't know if the new capacitor works; I'm fairly sure that there was nothing wrong with the old one now.

Replace it anyway, to give closure to your review.
Smile
(07-21-2019, 08:15 AM)srv52761 Wrote: Replace it anyway, to give closure to your review.
Smile

Or send it back to check the vendor's return procedures.
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
If the one already installed is made just south of the border or the usa- keep it and throw the asian ones in the trash.
Go here to buy one the next time; https://www.amazon.com/american-made-cap...capacitors

You get what you pay for.