Daily Bench Shot
European walnut butcher block countertops to finish, join......and do the sink cutout.  
No

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

(07-14-2019, 04:33 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Need to get the bench un-piled.
Rolleyes 

Nice old truck

Hey Ed how are you going to finish the ends to keep the water out?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I'm finishing a project that I've been working on and off with for a few years. This is a kitchen island built out of reclaimed lumber from very old 6 panel oak doors (except for the inside bottom... that's plywood
Sarcasm ).  The top (not pictured) is an edge grain butcher block made from mostly ash from our son's old bunk beds with a few pieces of the oak door mixed in. The goal was to make this piece 100% from reclaimed materials... I was so close.

Not sure why the watermark showed up on the pic... never had that before. Sorry

[Image: Island.jpg]
A wise man once said, "All woodworkers make mistakes. A good woodworker can hide them."
(07-16-2019, 11:10 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Nice old truck

Bought that one in 1980.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin 

In the process of converting the 6 lug hubs to 8 lug. You can no longer find 6 lug wheels. Few and far between
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-16-2019, 11:10 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Nice old truck

Hey Ed how are you going to finish the ends to keep the water out?

Customer wants to use a mineral oil finish......I don't think it will end well. Honestly, I think it should be a top mount sink.

I need to talk to a friend that's done undermounts on wood, pretty sure he uses that thick bar top finish. That could be used to seal the sink cutout and oil the rest of it.

Ed
(07-17-2019, 11:55 AM)EdL Wrote: Customer wants to use a mineral oil finish......I don't think it will end well. Honestly, I think it should be a top mount sink.

I need to talk to a friend that's done undermounts on wood, pretty sure he uses that thick bar top finish. That could be used to seal the sink cutout and oil the rest of it.

Ed
well at least you warned them.  I have never seen one hold up
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(07-17-2019, 11:51 PM)Bob10 Wrote: well at least you warned them.  I have never seen one hold up

Thanks, Bob.

Thats what I want, real world experience.

Ed
(07-18-2019, 10:49 PM)EdL Wrote: Thanks, Bob.

Thats what I want, real world experience.

Ed

The thing is wear and tear, standing water plus whatever cleansers take a toll fairly quick.

Phil Thien

[Image: q3z9-sw-m-Sj-Wgy-Pq-St-NFKKw.jpg]

I have been asked to build a gun cabibet for a 14 year old that is battling Lukemia.  He has bb, pellet and air rifles.  You can see the plan hanging on the cabinet in the background.

All the panels glued up:

[Image: Q67-HKGi-GQ-5pdyycv-XYA.jpg]

And the actual bench shot:

[Image: Tpgj-ISDST7y6xnd-QI-F7-Sw-.jpg]

Have a great day guys!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(08-05-2019, 12:03 PM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: I have been asked to build a gun cabibet for a 14 year old that is battkling Lukemia.  He has bb, pellet and air rifles.  You can see the plan hanging on the cabinet in the background.

Have a great day guys!

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020