Block Plane?
(08-24-2019, 06:24 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Well, my post was intended to be informative. If others agree, I’ll delete it.

Regards from Perth

Derek

It is informative, thanks for posting.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
THIS was my favourite review on block planes. A good message there
Smile

The Orange Block Plane: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews...Plane.html

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
CBD?
Big Grin
Laugh Simon

Decryption: compulsive buying disorder
(08-23-2019, 08:49 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Man, I really need to up my game....

I only have three , no four block planes.

I think I edge you out here: only one block plane can be found in my shop.

Simon
(08-24-2019, 11:40 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: CBD?
Big Grin
Laugh Simon

Decryption: compulsive buying disorder

Is this derogatory remark aimed at me, Simon? Have I offended you with my post?

Incidentally, almost all these planes do not belong to me.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(08-24-2019, 01:24 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Is this derogatory remark aimed at me, Simon? Have I offended you with my post?

Incidentally, almost all these planes do not belong to me.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I always quote the post if my comment is directed at it. To answer your question, no, I'm not offended by yours or any post in the thread.

By the way, the remark meant to be poking fun at anyone who hoards things...not derogatory in nature.

Simon
Have a couple block planes that arrived from yard sales, this year..
Rolleyes ...don't have all that much to do Sunday afternoon...might as well rehab both....start after Lunch, and have them done, and me cleaned up...by Suppertime.
Winkgrin ...May post them, with shavings, when they are done.....and I doubt that it will take the endless hours some claim to need..
No .should I keep a time sheet?
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Hmmm...my mistake...seems I have 5 block planes to rehab, not just 2..
Rolleyes ..let the first 2 set together a wee bit too long..
No .couple of them have been torn down to just parts, and are waiting on a fresh coat of paint to dry, on a few parts..
Winkgrin ...somehow, the thinnest plane iron in this group...is marked as "JAPAN"
No   and there is a Millers Falls block plane iron in the mess.
Cool ..(and twice as thick as the japan one)

may slip back to the shop...and take a few pictures....or,  just wait until Sunday afternoon....
Rolleyes
And...here we go...just a few photos
Rolleyes 

We have work to do...
Winkgrin

Lot of work...5 block planes, total....decided to at least get ONE done, tonight..sole?

Scratches won't bother anything...like the hanger hole?   Plane is sold by Geo. Worthington Co., of Cleveland, OH

Cap iron needed a new coat of red paint...threaded items needed cleaned up, and oiled.   Iron was sharpened to 2,000 grit, then stropped..

Once adjusted for depth, and lateral...and the grain direction set up...wasn't bad....a wee bit of wax on the sole.  
Cool

According to the stamp in the iron...this is a W2200, by Worthington.  As for some of tomorrow's project...we have the "Ugly"..

And the "Bad" sole...

Which is a Great neck knock-off of a Stanley #9-1/2.....Some of the others?

The 3 Amigos?    One is a Stanley Defiance with label....other 2?  

And then the Great Neck....

One a day? or see how many in one afternoon?  Stay tuned...
Hi Steven

Tell us a little about those block planes: what makes they are, what the differences are in set up and use, best and worst ...

Regards from Perth

Derek