Need reco's on flooring to put down on a bottom floor slab
We have a bottom floor to the house, which is sort of like a basement, but isn't officially since the rear opens out onto the back year (heavily sloped property).

There are two bedrooms, a den and a bath.  There was carpet in these areas, but a overexcited humidifier on the AC put an end to that with water leakage that went unnoticed for some weeks.

There is an industrial styled tile (house was built in 1975) stuck down to the slab with a black mastic in all but the two bedrooms.  I guess the bedrooms had carpet when the house was built, but the previous owner had the entire area carpeted. A number of the tiles have popped loose from the wetness, but the vast majority are still well attached.

We will be likely be putting the house up for sale in the next year or two, so I'm looking for a a good balance of cost vs quality.

LOML and I went to Lumber Liquidators and  saw an "Engineered Vinyl Plank" which would seem to make sense for the basement. In doing some spelunking around the web, buying tile from any of the "big box stores" seems to be discouraged due to problems after the sale.

This is the stuff:

The innerwebs recommends a 7mm base with a 20 mil top layer, which this stuff has.

Please weigh in with some recommendations on a similar product, obviously not sold by the "big boxes".
chris
That tile wasn't 9" square was it?

I haven't used that flooring but I do like the higher grade of the new heavy vinyl stuff often called luxury vinyl. Very durable stuff.
Don't answer that question.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I just bought a bunch of LVP from WeShipFloors.com.  Free shipping and 10% off on sale.  I haven't put it down yet, but the ordering and shipping were painless.  I opened a box and all looks good.
(09-29-2019, 02:31 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: That tile wasn't 9" square was it?

I haven't used that flooring but I do like the higher grade of the new heavy vinyl stuff often called luxury vinyl. Very durable stuff.

Negative.

(09-29-2019, 06:06 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Don't answer that question.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? 
Confused
chris
I believe many 9" vinyl tiles of yesteryear contained asbestos.
LL has a bad rep. in this area. A lot worse than the borgs. Next...

Your basement--it is a basement--was probably built before slabs were underlaid by any form of moisture exclusion. Those built in 1985 (mine) have no resistance to moisture intrusion. Linoleum or painted slab is the only safe surface. Carpet might offer enough air exchange to survive. However, any furniture must be well elevated above the surface; showing lots of leg.

Unless you go through the cost of water-damping the slab and furring with a ply floor, over which the final flooring is installed, then patch the existing  flooring and sell it that way. Otherwise, carpet looks and feels good.