Restoring Delta 20" bandsaw
(10-26-2019, 11:06 AM)cvillewood Wrote: Just going to point out that the guy with 12,000 posts who has been on her for 20 years likely isn’t going anywhere.

All he's doing is ruining a good thread. We're short on good posts around here as it is.
Maybe a mod could do some cleanup in here.

SM, the ol' saw is looking good.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-26-2019, 12:22 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: All he's doing is ruining a good thread. We're short on good posts around here as it is.
Maybe a mod could do some cleanup in here.

SM, the ol' saw is looking good.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. If the OP had taken the advice offered by me and others here, this thread would probably be over by now. Calling it like it is never ruined anything as I see it. 

If you think the board is short of "good posts" (I don't) offer one up.

Doug
(10-24-2019, 12:43 PM)EvilTwin Wrote: Being a bit bored at work, I did some searching on blade guides.  It looks like carter has cornered the market.  I didn't see much else, cost wise they look to be around 250.  I would think carter has at one time produced a kit for this saw, so they may be it.  

There are cheaper guides but probably retrofitting them would be a bit more work and time and they may not spin the largest blade that saw can handle.

As for tracking, as long as the wheels are coplanar, then it all depends on the crown of the tire.  How good are those tires?Th
The tires are in good shape. To change the belt, I had to loosen the centering bolts on the lower wheel (Couldn't pull the wheel off even with a puller) and pull the whole wheel and shaft out. So when I put it back in, I adjusted the co-planer to the top wheel. Tracks wonderfully.
I did get the carters (through sawblade.com) they are well made; but very finicky to adjust! I think they could make some of the Allen head machine screws the same size, instead of needing 4 Allen keys to put them on and adjust them. by going through sawblade.com, I saved almost 70.00!
Now where is that chisel
(10-25-2019, 11:47 PM)Tapper Wrote: You asked for help with a problem with a broken part for the bandsaw you're attempting to restore/fix. I, along with others offered a couple of plausible solutions. By your own words you indicated you were too lazy to try to match the defective part on another brand/model.

"I'm sure there are other band saws that use that same trunnion; randomly searching parts diagrams isn't in my fun list!"

Best of luck with that plywood and epoxy. BTW, attempting to patronize me is also not one of your long suits.

Doug

Being an 18B in the Army for 17 years. I sort of have a talent for seeing an instigator when they are in a crowd. The comment about not wanting to search through hundreds of parts lists was a humorous attempt at comic relief which failed miserably. I appreciate the help; even if said with sarcasm.
Now where is that chisel
(11-10-2019, 10:58 AM)Smashedfinger Wrote: Being an 18B in the Army for 17 years. I sort of have a talent for seeing an instigator when they are in a crowd. The comment about not wanting to search through hundreds of parts lists was a humorous attempt at comic relief which failed miserably. I appreciate the help; even if said with sarcasm.

18b - Weapons Sargent, company grade. 

I was only in the Army 6 years, but spent an entire professional career in sales, administration and management. In my field "calling them like you see them" was always encouraged, rather than being called an "instigator." My statement still stands - this thread would probably be over had you taken the advice offered.

Doug
Yes O Master of total knowledge; I shall henceforth listen to all thy massive knowledge and never question thy brilliance again. End of thread.
Now where is that chisel
(11-10-2019, 07:43 PM)Smashedfinger Wrote: Yes O Master of total knowledge; I shall henceforth listen to all thy massive knowledge and never question thy brilliance again. End of thread.

Do as you choose.

Doug
Neither one of you will walk away, will you?

Sheesh.....
chris