Vintage B&D Quicksaw help
Just picked up a 9-1/4" Black & Decker Quicksaw (Model 95 worm drive). I want to perform some PM on it and so far have been unsuccessful in finding anything other than a scant handful of FS posts.
Looks like it uses a proprietary arbor KO, 1-3/8" diameter w/2 parallel flats, as opposed to the very common diamond KO associated with Skil, so any assistance with a blade source would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Brian
I'm racking my brain here as to who it was that sold overstock/shelf-queen blades here. It's been a while.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-11-2019, 11:31 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Just picked up a 9-1/4" Black & Decker Quicksaw (Model 95 worm drive). I want to perform some PM on it and so far have been unsuccessful in finding anything other than a scant handful of FS posts.
Looks like it uses a proprietary arbor KO, 1-3/8" diameter w/2 parallel flats, as opposed to the very common diamond KO associated with Skil, so any assistance with a blade source would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Brian

Brian, I tried a half dozen different ways to find your blades. No luck. I did find companies that sell 9" blades. I tried to find any type of blade with a 1-3/8" arbor. Closest I could find was Ridge Carbide will bore any of their blades to several different bores. 1-1/4" was the largest diameter listed. They do charge about $19.00 to bore a blade if it is not standard. I have used their blades and would not use any other ,including Forest which is also a very good blade. Try a search for Forrest blades ,they have a toll free number and support e-mail.
I would think that they will be able to help.
mike
Thanks for your efforts Mike...I may put a feeler over at OWWM (mostly shop equipment, but one never knows). I use Dynamic for sharpening, but might give Ridge a shot as they are much closer.
I have a pipe reamer, so might give it a shot on an old throwaway blade to see if it's possible. I am hoping/thinking the flattened sides of the arbor drive are not a deal breaker, and that a true round arbor will work satisfactorily

Anyone know if any shops will/can braze carbide tips on a standard steel blade?

Brian
(11-11-2019, 01:28 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I'm racking my brain here as to who it was that sold overstock/shelf-queen blades here. It's been a while.

His name was Mike Williams I think. He sells on e-bay, but shipping is to steep for a couple of blades. I bought quite a few blades from him when he sold here. Old stock beefy as heck Delta blades. He had a combination blade that was quite popular here. I can't think of his handle on the bay....

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(11-12-2019, 09:18 AM)fishhh4 Wrote: His name was Mike Williams I think. He sells on e-bay, but shipping is to steep for a couple of blades. I bought quite a few blades from him when he sold here. Old stock beefy as heck Delta blades. He had a combination blade that was quite popular here. I can't think of his handle on the bay....

Sounds familiar. I bought 2 cases of ten blades the last time. Still have a few left.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-12-2019, 08:30 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Anyone know if any shops will/can braze carbide tips on a standard steel blade?

Brian

Not sure about that, but at 6-8 bucks per replacement tooth that they charge, might add up.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-12-2019, 12:47 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Not sure about that, but at 6-8 bucks per replacement tooth that they charge, might add up.
Laugh

What, never heard of a quantity discount? <grin>
Good point, never even got that far in the thinking process...doh!
(11-12-2019, 01:09 PM)brianwelch Wrote: What, never heard of a quantity discount? <grin>
Good point, never even got that far in the thinking process...doh!

Not to often anymore.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Quick update...I dug into the depths of the case which came with the saw...Lo and behold was the original 1 page owners manual. The good news is that I know the saw takes precisely 3 ounces of lubricating oil (will settle for using that readily available/recommended by Skil) and recommends flushing with kerosene (in progress as we speak).
Blade availability is still somewhat enigmatic, but methinks options will arise...