Track Saw for Breaking Down Rough Stock
I've gotten good use from my DeWalt track Saw for breaking down sheet goods in the past. It leaves a beautiful edge, good enough
to use as a finished edge for most applications (although I tend to make my final panel cuts on the table saw). Today, I put a rip blade in the saw, and broke down some 5/4 rough cherry stock. I was amazed at the quality of the cuts and the ease with which it sailed through the lumber. No clamps; I just laid the track down on my marks and made my cuts. I have my lumber stash in my basement, and taking advantage of the dust collection feature of the saw (with a Fein HEPA vac), it left no evidence (i.e. saw dust) that any cutting had been done. Its nice to find new uses for a tool and to be so impressed with its new (to me) capabilities. If you are looking for something that will allow you to rip down rough stock, this is a nice option.
Actually you can make simple jigs to allow finished size cuts from the sheet goods.

I cut two identical sized pieces of 3/4" x 1½" stock and clamp it to the edges of the plywood and then bank the track against the two pieces.  If you measured the track width and added it to the length of the 3/4"  stock you will get highly accurate cuts.  I use this for cutting cabinet sides.  The sides are all of one size so I keep the setup blocks with markings for future use. 

It is best if you make a squaring cut first.  But after that you can get finished sizes from a track saw.  I use a Festool, but the Dewalt should work just as well.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I've found straight line ripping rough lumber the most valued use of my track saw. 

So much so, I've bought another extension that gives me 144" of length.
thats not a bad idea: i can do an 8' rip as it is: probably worth getting the track coupler to extend that

(11-25-2019, 10:21 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I've found straight line ripping rough lumber the most valued use of my track saw. 

So much so, I've bought another extension that gives me 144" of length.