Best place to buy a domino
(03-05-2020, 10:55 AM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Since pricing is fairly consistent, I tend to pick vendors based on who has treated me well in past transactions. That is usually Lee Valley for me, though I also wouldn't hesitate to use Tools For Woodworking.

Personal experience only, but I washed my hands of Tool Nut after the Pro 5 debacle. They didn't cause the supply issues and delays; that was all on Festool. But their communication around the problem was sub-par. Got multiple emails telling me my sander was on the way, followed by weeks of silence and no sander. Then one day it just showed up on my doorstep with no notice. I know it was a chaotic time for everyone, and I am sure they had the best of intentions under unique circumstances. But my wallet, my choice, and they ticked me off enough not to give them a second chance.

Strange Tool Nut sent me the dozen I ordered without much trouble
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I’ve got a line on a used one now but if it doesn’t pan out I’ve got some options. Lee Valley would be my first choice, but they are out of stock until
mid-April. I didn’t realize they sold festool. I still love them but I don’t like their new website.
Ok, I live in Ohio, I didn't realize Hartville Tool collects sales tax now from all states.
Still, a great vendor to support. They certainly gave woodnet a bunch of deals in the past.
(Not that the other vendors are bad).
I tried posting this before but it is not showing up Try Keim Lumber in Charm Ohio
(03-05-2020, 10:55 AM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Personal experience only, but I washed my hands of Tool Nut after the Pro 5 debacle. They didn't cause the supply issues and delays; that was all on Festool. But their communication around the problem was sub-par. Got multiple emails telling me my sander was on the way, followed by weeks of silence and no sander. Then one day it just showed up on my doorstep with no notice. I know it was a chaotic time for everyone, and I am sure they had the best of intentions under unique circumstances. But my wallet, my choice, and they ticked me off enough not to give them a second chance.

Was that the Festool ROS deal from 5ish years ago?  I ordered one, thinking I would see what that Festool hysteria was all about.  

After 6 months of waiting and emailing, it finally arrived.  I threw it under my workbench and it's still there, unopened.
(03-08-2020, 08:38 AM)camp10 Wrote: Was that the Festool ROS deal from 5ish years ago?  I ordered one, thinking I would see what that Festool hysteria was all about.  

After 6 months of waiting and emailing, it finally arrived.  I threw it under my workbench and it's still there, unopened.

That was the 125 sander with an introductory deal, about $100 as I recall. I also bought one and it sat unused in the shop for some time. I did plug it in to see if it would run, then boxed it back up. I wound up selling mine on S&S for what I paid plus shipping.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Amazon has them in stock.
https://www.amazon.com/Festool-574432-Do...B004SETSXE
(03-08-2020, 10:41 AM)fredhargis Wrote: That was the 125 sander with an introductory deal, about $100 as I recall. I also bought one and it sat unused in the shop for some time. I did plug it in to see if it would run, then boxed it back up. I wound up selling mine on S&S for what I paid plus shipping.

I use mine a lot. It did take a long time to get it.
VH07V  
(03-09-2020, 06:34 PM)wood-chips Wrote: Amazon has them in stock.
https://www.amazon.com/Festool-574432-Do...B004SETSXE

He was hoping for no sales tax
There's one in swap and sell right now. Not sure how long it will last though (if it's the right model)