Klausz and Dunbar on YouTube
Stumbled onto a Time-Life video of Shop Secrets that include Klaus showing how to cut pins-first dovetails, and Dunbar demonstrating rehabbing a Stanley smoother to plane curly maple. They provide interesting tips. The other two demos include power tools and are also interesting. Go here:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgG_SufjiJw
Nothing better than good ole fashioned instruction. If that video was done today, they would hyper-speed what they did so the video would be 3 minutes long. Thanks for sharing.

Mike
There is no wondering who 'hyper-speed' is for..... Might be why I now understand Klaus' technique. Jeeze he even preaches pins-first.
I'm pretty sure there's a copyright infringement there.

Probably won't be there long.
This would probably get more views if you spell their names out in the Subject (which I believe you can edit).  Usually, "Klaus" is a first name.  His last name ends with a "z".

Frank Klausz
Mike Dunbar
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-10-2018, 04:05 PM)AHill Wrote: This would probably get more views if you spell their names out in the Subject (which I believe you can edit).  Usually, "Klaus" is a first name.  His last name ends with a "z".

Frank Klausz
Mike Dunbar

Oops! Thanks for the spelling correction. These gentlemen deserve the same deference we show Schwarz, Hack, and Becksvoort.
This has given me a lot of information that I truly needed. Thank you very much for sharing this video it's include tips and tricks! Now I'm ready to make some boxes...
Brilliant video, thanks for posting, I have taken a class at a college for dovetails but never got around to doing it, he has made it very easy to follow, I will definitely try this method.
Mike Dunbar put up videos demoing his Winsor Chair methods. Should still be around. Good stuff.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(04-01-2020, 09:16 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Mike Dunbar put up videos demoing his Winsor Chair methods. Should still be around. Good stuff.

I have to confess I haven’t seen the Dunbar series.  That being said, for the very best Windsor series, treat yourself and check out Curtis Buchanan’s 52-part series on Windsor construction.  He take you from selecting a log to milk paint, all largely with hand tools.  Start here: 1. Get some logs