Daily Bench Shot
Had the house painted this week and decided that the old house numbers should be replaced. So did a little work in CAD and came up with something.

The whole thing will be primed and then painted the trim color (a white that isn't quite white, has a touch of gray to it). Then the tops of the numbers I'll roll on the blue used for the shutters. Should pop.

Small gray cat who is trying to hide from the thunder storm noise for scale.

All from 1/2" baltic birch ply. The chevron was cut and milled 1/16" recess for the numbers. Then cut the numbers from more 1/2" BB ply. This seemed easier and faster than trying to use thicker material and hog them out in-place.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I'm in an alternate universe today:  a DC Comics universe

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
(04-05-2020, 04:12 PM)Rob Young Wrote: 2nd marble box done. This one is red oak, finger joints and about 6 coats of Minwax Antique Oil. This one stays with my first Chinese Checkers board.

So Rob. Are you finally getting all your marbles together?
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-20-2020, 04:52 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: So Rob. Are you finally getting all your marbles together?
Winkgrin

Never had 'em.
Made a lot of progress on the giant Connect 4 game.

Making the two halves of the game using a Shaper Origin to cut out the holes and tic the corners to be trimmed square with a track saw.

Then some quality time with the bandsaw circle jig, router table and sander to make up the play discs. 5" diameter and need to get them paintable so a bit of sanding and grain raise. Rounded the edges a bit too.

Then paint the discs. Used the HVLP to hit them with exterior latex enamel paint. Fast work to paint 30 of each color. Have a pile of spare disks just in case some go missing. Game has 42 spaces so 30 is more than enough of each color.

Made up the legs and did some sanding on the game last night. Passes the play test. The trap door at the bottom is just held closed with a barrel bolt at one end. Works pretty well. Brenda didn't see my sneaky diagonal strategy! 

If I have time tonight the plan is to finish sanding the game and hit it with a coat of yellow to make it look like the plastic tabletop version.
(04-23-2020, 11:36 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Made a lot of progress on the giant Connect 4 game.

Making the two halves of the game using a Shaper Origin to cut out the holes and tic the corners to be trimmed square with a track saw.

Then some quality time with the bandsaw circle jig, router table and sander to make up the play discs. 5" diameter and need to get them paintable so a bit of sanding and grain raise. Rounded the edges a bit too.

Then paint the discs. Used the HVLP to hit them with exterior latex enamel paint. Fast work to paint 30 of each color. Have a pile of spare disks just in case some go missing. Game has 42 spaces so 30 is more than enough of each color.

Made up the legs and did some sanding on the game last night. Passes the play test. The trap door at the bottom is just held closed with a barrel bolt at one end. Works pretty well. Brenda didn't see my sneaky diagonal strategy! 

If I have time tonight the plan is to finish sanding the game and hit it with a coat of yellow to make it look like the plastic tabletop version.

I must say... that is just cool. 
Yes 
(04-23-2020, 11:28 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Never had 'em.

Rolleyes
Rolleyes  Well ok then.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Big Grin
Big Grin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

More Shaper Origin stuff. 

Simple sign for Brenda' s daughter. Found an interesting font with fonts.google.com, added it to PC and made pattern in Inkscape (alternative to Adobe Illustrator). Send SVG file to Shaper Origin and spend some time routing. Used down to 0.8mm bit to sharpen up inside corners but bulk of work done with 0.25" and 0.125" bits. Seal with lacquer, paint letters, sand and seal again.

Lookin good there Rob.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Very nice Rob.

and 17 more
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous