52” Unifence
I posted this on my local Facebook marketplace but thought there might be somebody relatively local here that might be interested. I’m selling an old Delta Unifence with 52” rail. It’s in great condition. The only thing to note is the previous owner put laminate on the fence face, presumably to protect it, and a small piece of it has come off at the top corner. It’s maybe 1”x2” and isnt a bearing surface anyway. Simple enough to take the laminate off but I’m just too lazy to do it.

Anyway I’m asking $250 locally but would sell to woodnetter for $225. I’m in Birmingham but could pretty easily meet somebody from Huntsville to Montgomery.

Attached Files Image(s)

-Marc

I have that same fence (as I assume may folks with a Unisaw do).

I've always wondered, what' the point of the gray metal part extending so far forward?  I can't figure out what it is expected to do.
Dumber than I appear
I got one of those for free and put it on Grizzly contractor saw. That was 30 years ago. Fence was worth more than the saw but that saw cut beautifully. Someone ism going to be very happy.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(06-29-2020, 11:15 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: I have that same fence (as I assume may folks with a Unisaw do).

I've always wondered, what' the point of the gray metal part extending so far forward?  I can't figure out what it is expected to do.

Maybe it adds weight to the front of the fence when you slide the extrusion back before the blade ends for use with a miter gauge as in rear cantilever support.

Also if you guys want a bies design too - https://christophermerrill.net/ww/shop/bigafence.html

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(06-29-2020, 11:15 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: I have that same fence (as I assume may folks with a Unisaw do).

The front of the grey metal part has an adjustable rest that should be taking the weight of the fence/fence should be a hair off the table.
The other great thing about the unifence is that you can pull back the guide rail to the point where it is front of the blade. This prevents kickback
Bump bump and some other characters.
-Marc

I took the "glide" off the front of the gray piece and found a double roller that threaded right in. Makes the fence glide nicely.
(07-10-2020, 08:33 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I took the "glide" off the front of the gray piece and found a double roller that threaded right in.  Makes the fence glide nicely.

Can you send a pic or link?
-brew
(07-11-2020, 12:03 AM)brewmaster Wrote: Can you send a pic or link?

Here you go, sorry it took so long!
Edited: Doesn't look like my first attempt worked... trying again for a picture posting.