Bed slats?
I've been using the bed I made for my daughter while she was away in college. Probably will send it to her new place, thinking about making a new one for here. I'll make everything but the slats. I got the last ones from Ikea. Worked, but a bit short, so I had to screw them down. Kind of annoying. Now that I htink of it, I might replace hers as well.

What's a good source?

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I usually just use 1X4's cut to fit, choosing ones that don't have any large knots, cross grain, etc.  Or am I missing something here  
Confused
(07-27-2020, 03:25 PM)Phil S. Wrote: I usually just use 1X4's cut to fit, choosing ones that don't have any large knots, cross grain, etc.  Or am I missing something here  
Confused

Thanks, thought of that, but I would rather get a set with webbings, and preferably curved. Not interested in doing that myself.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

(07-27-2020, 03:40 PM)Aram Wrote: Thanks, thought of that, but I would rather get a set with webbings, and preferably curved. Not interested in doing that myself.

Webbings? Is this for a mattress without base or box springs?

I can understand curved (like a flat bed truck bed) so that they flatten under the weight of the mattress, but, if they have a lot of curvature, won't they be a bit short without the mattress?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-27-2020, 04:55 PM)iclark Wrote: Webbings? Is this for a mattress without base or box springs?

Yes

I can understand curved (like a flat bed truck bed) so that they flatten under the weight of the mattress, but, if they have a lot of curvature, won't they be a bit short without the mattress?

A bit, yes. Hopefully not as under-sized as my last ones. 
Best,
Aram, always learning

Thanks for the clarifications.

I don't recall ever seeing webbing for the slats. Some of the beds from the previous generations had notches in the rails that the slat ends dropped into.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-27-2020, 06:30 PM)iclark Wrote: Thanks for the clarifications.

I don't recall ever seeing webbing for the slats. Some of the beds from the previous generations had notches in the rails that the slat ends dropped into.

Maybe it's my terminology. I just mean the straps that hold them together loosely. Usually just stapled on, not really a big deal.
Best,
Aram, always learning

(07-27-2020, 03:40 PM)Aram Wrote: ...and preferably curved. Not interested in doing that myself.

All you have to do is buy 1x3s or 1x4s from HD. They'll come naturally curved. They don't make 'em straight.
Big Grin 
Big Grin 

Staple some webbing to them if you want them connected to each other.
We have a couple beds that are about 100 years old. One full and one twin. Both have 1 x 4's that aren't fastened and probably not original. No arc or webbing.
I made a bed for my son a couple of years ago. It was made for box springs but, has 5-6 slats to support it. I made loose dovetails at the slat ends to lock them into the ledger. This keeps the slats in position and keeps the bed rails from spreading.