Air Conditioner for Studio
Seems to me like a small space for mini-split, but I'm not an HVAC expert.

My studio is 14x16 I have an 8000BTU LG window unit that has been there for almost 10 yrs.

I would go for another unit to replace the one you have.  I wouldn't even be afraid of buying the exact same unit to fit back in.
They are coming out to install one in each shop later this month.
The company worked up a good estimate for both, and the brand they are offering has good reviews including rave reviews from two people I know.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(10-14-2020, 05:48 PM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: They are coming out to install one in each shop later this month.
The company worked up a good estimate for both, and the brand they are offering has good reviews including rave reviews from two people I know.

What did they recommend?
I see a lot of Mitsubishis, Panasonics, Fujitsus and Daikins. More Mitsubishis and Panasonics than anything.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I agree with Robert. For the size you need, I don't see an advantage of the cost of a mini split over a window unit or a zoneline for your building.

Unless you get a named brand such as Mitsubishi, the technician can have a hard time repairing the unit should it break down. There can be 3-4 control boards and a multitude of sensors driving DC operated motors and the compressor and without a diagnostic book, it can be impossible to narrow the problem down. Many brands tell the tech to just replace all the boards costing a lot of money. Mitsubishi has great tech support and training classes.

For my office, a separate 14x14 metal building, I installed two Fedders brand window air conditioners in a large framed hole in the wall. I sized the hole in case newer units in the future might be bigger.
One unit is set at 74*, the other at 77*. If one should fail, the other will start up and keep the office from getting too hot. Every year I swap them by reversing them as to not wear one out too quickly.
At times, when we get to 105*+ outside and very humid, I may have to run both of them 1* apart to keep it cool. They are each 6k btu's.
They have been running since 2011. One has just started to fail a few months ago.

I like having a backup unit and the capacity to cool it on the hottest of days.

The other ac I would suggest is the GE Zoneline. You'll need a larger hole in the wall (I think 42-1/8" x 16-1/8"). If the unit fails or gets old, just slip a new one in the old case- they all remain the same physical size.

Either can be elect heat or heat pump.
(10-15-2020, 10:30 PM)daddo Wrote: ...

The other ac I would suggest is the GE Zoneline.  

This is what I had (referred to above)
Not sure about the other mini split manufactures but a nice thing about mitsubishi is they don't hide anything. There website, mylinkdrive, is great.

https://mylinkdrive.com/USA
(05-23-2021, 01:01 PM)ROLINGLOUD Wrote: And I want to fix my air conditioner for a long time.

Spammer.... BAM !
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(05-23-2021, 04:06 PM)barnowl Wrote: Spammer.... BAM !

I see you've been busy over the weekend.  Thank you for the effort!
We considered mini splits for our shop but decided on a central air & heating unit using a 1.5 ton heat pump.m we barely noticed and increase in the electricity bill and have been very happy with our choice.