When you are bored
A while back not doing much in the shop, and getting tired of sorting fasteners, etc on the bench.

Had some plywood cut-offs, so I built this. Simple to make, some dados and rabbets, similar to what you may see a pharmacist use.

Now I can dump a container into this, get what I need and it pours easily back into the container.
MT, that's a great idea!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Yes. Awesome idea.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-22-2021, 02:11 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: A while back not doing much in the shop, and getting tired of sorting fasteners, etc on the bench.

Had some plywood cut-offs, so I built this. Simple to make, some dados and rabbets, similar to what you may see a pharmacist use.

Now I can dump a container into this, get what I need and it pours easily back into the container.

You ever consider making bee hive frames?  They can burn up a lot of time and scrap.  
When you are done you can ask yourself what you were thinking as they only cost a buck a piece when you 
buy them by the 100.

Oh yeah I like your idea probably going to make one myself after I find a place to store all these bee hive frames.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bob10, You could probably get somebody to take those beehive frames off your hands for 50 cents apiece.
Wink

Great idea on the tray, MT!
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
(03-04-2021, 12:54 AM)MauleSkinner Wrote: Bob10, You could probably get somebody to take those beehive frames off your hands for 50 cents apiece.
Wink

Great idea on the tray, MT!

No way not even for a dollar I am thinking I won't ever be running out of them.  Honestly have to say doing it was a pain but now that I have
I could knock them out pretty fast if needed again
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

https://www.harborfreight.com/easy-sorte...37081.html

Sorry.....
Smile Not that board
Nice work MT.
I made several but they’re just a flat scrap of plywood with 2 angled strips of wood glued on.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(03-04-2021, 02:41 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Cheap plastic
Mine will last a lot longer, also larger for sorting

Excellent points.  Also yours is heavier so it won't slide around when sorting.  The sides are higher so shaking it won't spill out as easily. 
I thought about maybe a gate but that would create processing problems, depending on how its made.
Thanks for the inspiration. I would probably use such a thing once or twice every few weeks.  Well worth the effort.
(03-04-2021, 02:41 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Cheap plastic
Mine will last a lot longer, also larger for sorting

May be cheap plastic, but unless the 680 reviews were fake, the item enjoyed glowing feedback.

That said, your wooden one is a keeper because it's made of wood. I prefer wood over plastic.

Simon