Daily Bench Shot
Cleaning up spokeshaves to back in service.  Stanley 151, 53, and one that is not marked one the shave, but does have a "Bailey" stamp on the back of the iron.

Very slow and steady work on my Bombe Secretary

I did the rough carving of the serpentine curves (both outside and inside the drawer front to match) with a round coarse Holy Galahad grinding disk.

Now I've got to shave back to my lines with spokeshaves and then sanding things smooth.

Attached Files Image(s)

Peter

My "day job"
Father Peter, that piece is going to be gorgeous.  Wielding those carbide disks takes quite a touch.  I have one that I use on rockers; almost like trying to turn an axe into surgical instrument.
Beer and glue on a friday nite.....  
Laugh  
Relpacment tops for wood duck boxes. White Oak leftovers.  
Yes

Ed

(03-16-2021, 09:26 AM)Peter Tremblay Wrote: Very slow and steady work on my Bombe Secretary

I did the rough carving of the serpentine curves (both outside and inside the drawer front to match) with a round coarse Holy Galahad grinding disk.

Now I've got to shave back to my lines with spokeshaves and then sanding things smooth.

Sweet!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
The corner above the benches 
WW2 Jeep grill, the web belt was my Dad’s from Korea, he was a Combat Engineer 
The black belt my Grandfather’s, Chief of Police and Deputy US Marshal, plus his 50 star flag 
48 Star flag from my great Uncle’s casket, killed in WW2, an Infantry Officer 

Oh and a slot machine from the 40’s
Mucking about with some rosette designs for the house. 3.5" x 3.5" x 0.875" made from PVC.

Needs a bit more fiddling in the tool paths but pretty close to what I think I want...

One top about 90% roughed in, one to go for the bookcases I mentioned here: https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7360968

Attached Files Image(s)

Can you show off more of the rolling base?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Cutting more rosettes from PVC. Thus makes a mess but cuts fast and clean. Still think I can run faster, especially plunge rate. Each new pair i bump up the feeds and speeds. I think my total need is 24 but I'll count again. 

Takes paint very well as you might expect for solid pvc trim stock.