Router table upgrade ideas
So I really wanted a shaper with a power feeder. Just don't use it enough. Going to sell and upgrade my router set up. My only limitation is my router is mounted on my table saw extension table. My budget is $800. Would like a lift and quality fence. 
 My routers are 
PC 690, (2)
Dewalt DW618,
Freud FT 1700VCE
Bosch 1617 EVS. 

Ideas?
My friend recently got a Sommerfeld RT and then added the larger Triton router. That would be close to your budget. I like this set up but have only used it a bit. Simple, accurate, great value, IMO.

Here's an option. Needed a table but didn't have time to build Norm's. Cabinet is a Craftsman from Lowes, on sale now for $389 less 10% if you're a vet (or have a vet friend to purchase for you). Built with an Incra top and fence, Woodpeckers PRL1 and a PC 7518. Could be done with any combo of components you want to meet your budget.

It provided instant storage, dust containment by shrouding the router enclosure, sound deadening and fantastic casters. Here's a couple pics:

Gary

I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(11-17-2021, 07:34 AM)shoottmx Wrote: Here's an option. Needed a table but didn't have time to build Norm's. Cabinet is a Craftsman from Lowes, on sale now for $389 less 10% if you're a vet (or have a vet friend to purchase for you). Built with an Incra top and fence, Woodpeckers PRL1 and a PC 7518. Could be done with any combo of components you want to meet your budget.

It provided instant storage, dust containment by shrouding the router enclosure, sound deadening and fantastic casters. Here's a couple pics:

Gary
Great idea and execution!

Thanks for sharing
The Crafstman cabinet idea is very good, but it should be arranged (not easy because of the fence system used; no problem for other simple fences) such that you dont have to operate the router station from the backside of the station, and without the hose interfering. Is there another model in which the large pocket is on the left side?

Simon
(11-16-2021, 12:16 PM)jeffss Wrote: So I really wanted a shaper with a power feeder. Just don't use it enough. Going to sell and upgrade my router set up. My only limitation is my router is mounted on my table saw extension table. My budget is $800. Would like a lift and quality fence. 
 My routers are 
PC 690, (2)
Dewalt DW618,
Freud FT 1700VCE
Bosch 1617 EVS. 

Ideas?

I have a Milwaukee 5625 in a home built extension table on my table saw. I built my own split fence, and have it hooked up to dust collection, as is the box around the router. Building a fence from hardwood is not at all difficult. (But obviously I have no opinion about commercial ones).

After years of using a Woodpecker router plate, and trying to do precision adjustments with the Mil height adjuster, I just picked up Woodpecker's PRL V2 lift. That will eat half of your budget, but it is an excellent tool.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(11-17-2021, 04:52 PM)Aram Wrote: I have a Milwaukee 5625 in a home built extension table on my table saw. I built my own split fence, and have it hooked up to dust collection, as is the box around the router. Building a fence from hardwood is not at all difficult. (But obviously I have no opinion about commercial ones).

After years of using a Woodpecker router plate, and trying to do precision adjustments with the Mil height adjuster, I just picked up Woodpecker's PRL V2 lift. That will eat half of your budget, but it is an excellent tool.

I checked out the lift. Very nice and all I'm looking for. I made my own fence when I built my stand alone table. Worked ok. Really would like metal. I have a long piece of Incra Metal. Was thinking about adding sacrificial boards and figure out a way to clamp it to my table saw fence. Most likely go with the under table dust collection only if I go that route.  I like the Incra fence in Gary's pick. I would even consider tapping my cast top and mount that when I need to.
Shoottmx: I like the idea, but wonder about the noise level. Routers are very noisy and doesn't the metal cabinet just increase it??
(11-17-2021, 06:52 PM)jeffss Wrote: I checked out the lift. Very nice and all I'm looking for. I made my own fence when I built my stand alone table. Worked ok. Really would like metal. I have a long piece of Incra Metal. Was thinking about adding sacrificial boards and figure out a way to clamp it to my table saw fence. Most likely go with the under table dust collection only if I go that route.  I like the Incra fence in Gary's pick. I would even consider tapping my cast top and mount that when I need to.

For the record, I bought the Woodpecker without shopping around because my router table was already fitted for their plates. I have heard vey good things about JessEm and some other makers. It's probably worth looking at the top names.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(11-16-2021, 12:16 PM)jeffss Wrote: So I really wanted a shaper with a power feeder. Just don't use it enough. Going to sell and upgrade my router set up. My only limitation is my router is mounted on my table saw extension table. My budget is $800. Would like a lift and quality fence. 
 My routers are 
PC 690, (2)
Dewalt DW618,
Freud FT 1700VCE
Bosch 1617 EVS. 

Ideas?

Are you looking for a different setup than having the lift on the TS extension wing?    

Any chance you can reuse your existing lift and add a TS outfeed table with your current lift in the outfeed section?   I still use the Jessem lift and fence that came with my PM66 but moved it to the outfeed table for larger table area and better access.  Dust control is better with two 4" ports.