Chipmunks?
(01-01-2022, 08:02 PM)JosephP Wrote: get that half=full 5 gallon bucket.  put a 2x4 ramp going up it baited with shells or nuts.  throw some shells on top of the water.  They'll take (and fail) their own swimming lessons.

+1 to this bucket 'o death if you can place it in a location to minimize colleterial damage.  I had a problem with chipmunks and mice in a detached garage.  One day with this guy baited and I came home to 4 'munks and a handful of field mice enjoying their last swims.  Within a week the problem was no more.  I used sunflower seeds as my bait.
We stopped feeding the birds and our Chipmunks found a different home.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)
The bastards are digging channels in my lawn.  

(01-03-2022, 12:24 PM)brnhornt Wrote: +1 to this bucket 'o death if you can place it in a location to minimize colleterial damage.  I had a problem with chipmunks and mice in a detached garage.  One day with this guy baited and I came home to 4 'munks and a handful of field mice enjoying their last swims.  Within a week the problem was no more.  I used sunflower seeds as my bait.

Yep.  The bucket worked for my chipmunk problem, too.
I’ll go for the bucket. Hopefully my wife won’t notice. (Of course, with a bomb cyclone on the way, it’ll freeze and they’ll just go skating.)

(01-27-2022, 10:14 AM)David Stone Wrote: The bastards are digging channels in my lawn.  

Not chipmunks, but voles.  Then dig shallow tunnels like this:

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...67&dpr=1.5
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yowza.  Thanks.
Any advice on getting rid of voles?  Other than the water trap?

I have used the D_CON mouse and rat blocks on voles. Seems to do the job. Make sure no pets can get at it.
(01-28-2022, 12:00 PM)David Stone Wrote: Yowza.  Thanks.
Any advice on getting rid of voles?  Other than the water trap?

ha ha, well, since two families of foxes moved into the neighborhood (semi rural), and the red tail hawks have made a comeback here as well, nature tends to take care of it!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I live in the suburbs. We got rid of nature.