So I Decided to Build a Bed: COMPLETED !!!
Gain'in on it:

Wink 
Getting closer:

[Image: IMG-3242.jpg]" />
First coat of finish applied today:

[Image: IMG-3244.jpg]" />
I don't know what I like more the curve or the holding device.

Cheers
Pedder
(03-16-2022, 01:57 PM)Pedder Wrote: I don't know what I like more the curve or the holding device.

Cheers
Pedder

Pedder: Yes, I am liking the curve: its a bold excursion from my usual orthogonal stuff. Good catch on the holding device: the footboard already had a very convenient 3/8" hole drilled through it, so some 3/8" threaded rod, nuts, and washers made the perfect stand for finishing. Good thing its only a full size bed: a queen/king size would have forced me to make a bigger bench
Smile Phil
Started processing the 5/4 hard maple for the mattress support slats. The 5' long scraps will make nice stock for a bunch of picture frames. Getting closer....

Looking good!

When I made my kids' lofted bed I made the slats. And when I was sanding all those slats I was questioning why I didn't just buy the premade ones. Granted, I was using pine from the borg, so it isn't the greatest stuff to start with. And your bed is much nicer

(03-29-2022, 04:36 PM)msweig Wrote: Looking good!

When I made my kids' lofted bed I made the slats. And when I was sanding all those slats I was questioning why I didn't just buy the premade ones. Granted, I was using pine from the borg, so it isn't the greatest stuff to start with. And your bed is much nicer

Thanks! Pre-made ones you say? Well, its too late for that option. Kind of surprising how much lumber I am going through to make this bed. I ended up buying over 50 bf of maple just for the slats. Beautiful clear stock: and it won't even be seen.
Bed is complete:

[Image: IMG-2019-1.jpg]" />

[Image: IMG-2026.jpg]" />
Great job! Beautifully done. I like the small details like the tapered legs and pegs on the upper legs to secure the headboard.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill