Bathroom remodel
(03-30-2022, 04:21 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: It's an old thread but if you go through it, there's a shower build in it. I did a mud and liner shower pan (floor). Not because it's easy or fast but because I'm cheap and I've done a few so I didn't have to learn anything on this one.

Upstairs remodel

Those are fine for someone with experience.

There are better options, more so if one has no experience.
(03-30-2022, 09:51 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Those are fine for someone with experience.

There are better options, more so if one has no experience.

Only 1 way to get experience. I had confidence, did a bit of research but no experience. I put in showers at my last 2 houses.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(03-31-2022, 05:59 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Only 1 way to get experience. I had confidence, did a bit of research but no experience. I put in showers at my last 2 houses.

I did one several years back.   Even with the Kerdi it was probably less expensive that using a store bought pan (like I did recently).
(03-31-2022, 05:59 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Only 1 way to get experience. I had confidence, did a bit of research but no experience. I put in showers at my last 2 houses.

Couldn't agree more. There's SO much content out there on how to do it correctly.
(03-31-2022, 12:45 PM)joe1086 Wrote: Couldn't agree more. There's SO much content out there on how to do it correctly.

There is JUST AS much content out there on how to do it WRONG. 
Yes
The deeper i dig the more i find i dont know. I am going to make sure i understand each step before i jump into anything.
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget