OneWay Jumbo Jaw Buttons
The rubber on the "buttons" is severely cracker although still intact.  A set of new buttons is $31+.  Are the new buttons any better?  Mine are 10 or 12 years old and have been cracked for most of the time.
I noticed taller options on Ebay.  What say ye ole brain trust?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I wouldn't trust severely cracked buttons to not let go in-use. I am not sure why, but I think that I would trust them more in expansion than in compression, but I would be using the tailstock at all times.

I think that Woodcraft (among others) also carry the taller buttons. I was tempted to get a set for my Nova chucks, but have not gotten a round tuit.

Does anyone happen to know if the buttons/bumpers for the Oneway and the Nova/Record are interchangeable?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-06-2022, 09:44 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: The rubber on the "buttons" is severely cracker although still intact.  A set of new buttons is $31+.  Are the new buttons any better?  Mine are 10 or 12 years old and have been cracked for most of the time.
I noticed taller options on Ebay.  What say ye ole brain trust?

Get some stiff white floor mats and make them yourself
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I like the Record Power bumpers, the ones with profiles.
Mike

"Start off slow and taper off."