Under the weather...
Day #4 of the "Cold from Hell"....has added a powerful, hurtful sneeze..to go along with all the other symptoms...will just have to ride this one out....

Plan after I feel better?    Make a slipper storage thingy...to house all of the Boss' slippers...
Step One:  Hauled a 1 x 6 x 5'6" Ash plank to the shop....intend to cut it in half, rotate the pieces to glue up into a panel....and go from there...

Stay tuned....Cuppa Irish Black Tea, with a few shots of Ryan's Irish Cream....for me sore throat, of course...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Hope your cold isn't a more recent variant of COVID. After getting vaxxed and double boosted, I still ended up with COVID a couple of months ago. In 5 days, it was over, but it did start out like a bad cold. Everyone's symptoms seem to vary. I had to quarantine from work for a week. My wife wouldn't even sleep in the same bedroom or touch me for 2 weeks, for fear she'd catch it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
My Covid also acted like the "cold from hell". I was sure it was a cold until my family insisted I test. My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of the sockets. I did get a set of pills because I also have a minor case of asthma. I have had a terrible cough for probably 3 weeks afterwords
(11-07-2022, 04:26 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Stay tuned....Cuppa Irish Black Tea, with a few shots of Ryan's Irish Cream....for me sore throat, of course...
Winkgrin

I like your doctor!
It's all wood.
Never had Ryan's but I do like an Irish cream.

I also like Therafluu for bad colds.  Not mixed with Irish cream though. Hope you get better soon.
(11-07-2022, 09:09 PM)toolmiser Wrote: My Covid also acted like the "cold from hell".  I was sure it was a cold until my family insisted I test.  My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of the sockets.  I did get a set of pills because I also have a minor case of asthma.  I have had a terrible cough for probably 3 weeks afterwords

Its interesting that ever since I began wearing masks in public (my bride has auto immune issues and is at significant risk and I don't want to be the source of her getting covid), I've not even had a case of the sniffles; this is since March of 2020.  Normally, I'd get 3 or 4 colds each year, so there's something to be said for masking up in crowded places.  I'm often the only person wearing one; was in the Home Depot and a guy asked me why I was masked given covid was "over" and I explained why and he was cool with that.  This will be with us for some time; another interesting fact is that in the regular flue vaccine they still use variants from the 1918 flu pandemic!  I kind of think that covid will end up the same way over time.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Day #5..not much change....was informed that I had Laundry Detail, this evening..so

Had a 1 x 6 plank in the shop...and I needed to cut it in half, from 56-1/2" of good Ash....and tossed the "split end"....and, with an assist from a wannabee Shop Cat..

Who was very vocal about his dislike of my Tablesaw.....I then tried to book-match the grain..

Came close?    Need to joint the edges a bit..

After I had marked a big X to show how these two will glue up...

Stanley No. 8c makes some nice curlies...anyway, got the glue and clamps out..

Let this sit until tomorrow...then clean it up, and lay out a few angled cuts....making a caddy to house all of the Boss' slippers....might need 2 shelves?

Nose is running like a cheap Faucet....drip, drip, drip....and them sneezes are beginning to hurt.....let alone the cough...will see how tomorrow goes along,,,
Chest cold update....98% gone.   just a slight sniffle, and a COPD Cough..

Woodworking update....sides are cut to shape..

With a handle shape milled out..

And drum sanded smooth...

dados laid out...

2 shelves have been milled..

To size...ends cut at a 10 degree front to back tapers....and a dovetail bit in the router table was used...

Bit was then use in a hand-held router to mill the socket for the bottom shelf..

So that a dry fit could be attempted..

Try to work out the socket for the top shelf...as it is a Stopped one.....

Stay tuned...
(11-07-2022, 09:09 PM)toolmiser Wrote: My Covid also acted like the "cold from hell".  I was sure it was a cold until my family insisted I test.  My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of the sockets.  I did get a set of pills because I also have a minor case of asthma.  I have had a terrible cough for probably 3 weeks afterwords

After more than a month with a bad cough, I got "nagged" into going to the doctor today.  I hardly slept last night, there was kind of a rattling in my head when taking a breath.  Dr. said my lungs were fine, that I had an upper respiratory issue.  Prescribed Prednisone and said that should help.  I was coughing up white chunks.  Got two doses in me now, hope it works soon.
Just an up-date, as to how this thing turned out...Front view..

A look around in back..added a strip to keep slippers in place..

Side view,,,,corners were rounded over a bit...

Shelves are level to the floor....and a look for the top..showing how the sides splay out..

Stain is called "Gunstock" by Minwax...and there is also a coat of "Warm" clear gloss Poly...

And a look at where this will be used...

No..I did NOT make that chair....although, I did make everything thing else...wood wise..

I think that will do...Chest Cold is cured...thanks for looking in..