What the heck is this?
I will save just about anything if it looks like it might be useful for something.  Occasionally that works out great if I can put together just the right doodad, but the level of clutter has gotten pretty formidable.  Time to clean up.

This bunch of hardware clearly looks like it belongs to something and would no doubt be a pain to replace if it were lost.  But I can't for the life of me figure out what the something is.  The short ends of the larger angled pieces are threaded to accept a screw, if that suggests anything.  Anybody recognize this?

Dave

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-13-2022, 02:07 PM)merced Wrote: I will save just about anything if it looks like it might be useful for something.  Occasionally that works out great if I can put together just the right doodad, but the level of clutter has gotten pretty formidable.  Time to clean up.

This bunch of hardware clearly looks like it belongs to something and would no doubt be a pain to replace if it were lost.  But I can't for the life of me figure out what the something is.  The short ends of the larger angled pieces are threaded to accept a screw, if that suggests anything.  Anybody recognize this?

Dave

Looks like stuff you'd remember if you'd done something with it.  If not, why worry about what a pain it would be to replace it?  It's not being used now.  
Confused 

I tend to keep 'leftover' stuff.  I threw a whole bunch of stuff like that away when we moved last year.  Haven't missed anything yet.
The "L" pieces look like brackets to hold a fence + miter gauge on a table saw.

Are the screws/bolts metric or SAE thread ?
What the heck is this?

something you thought might be useful for something??
Smile

looks like it has found its usefulness.
Smile 
(11-14-2022, 01:56 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: The "L" pieces look like brackets to hold a fence + miter gauge on a table saw.

Are the screws/bolts metric or SAE thread ?

You got me to check!  The larger bolts are SAE, but the screws that thread into the L's are metric.  This bunch may not be from a single set of hardware as I assumed.  Not anything I ever used with a table saw that I can remember, athough that seems as plausible a guess as any.
Lightbulb 
It seems like awfully random parts.  What about hold down hardware for shipping?
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
I think the answer is that I won't figure out just what all of this is, but at least I know the large, unique pieces aren't essential for doing something I've forgotten about.  Away they go!  Thanks all for noodling.
(11-15-2022, 08:20 PM)merced Wrote: I think the answer is that I won't figure out just what all of this is, but at least I know the large, unique pieces aren't essential for doing something I've forgotten about.  Away they go!  Thanks all for noodling.

I think one of the washers is for a bench grinder wheel or a saw arbor washer. The rest appear to be left over parts.
the small hooks look a lot like these:

Attached Files Image(s)

A while ago I started putting small parts that belong to something in a plastic bag with a note about what it is or what it goes to.  Of course, I have lots of parts from before I started labeling with no notes.