benchtop boo-boo repair
Still more benchtop patching to do at the Kansas City Woodworkers' Guild shop. Another class of new woodworkers, another time a router was set down still spinning. 

Patch is about 3" long.

Bandaid (sticking plaster to some) made of cherry with maple inlayed. The drop of dried blood is a bit of walnut.

Got the initial files from the Noun Project, edited them to size carved it all with my Shaper Origin.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(03-12-2023, 03:38 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Still more benchtop patching to do at the Kansas City Woodworkers' Guild shop. Another class of new woodworkers, another time a router was set down still spinning. 

Patch is about 3" long.

Bandaid (sticking plaster to some) made of cherry with maple inlayed. The drop of dried blood is a bit of walnut.

Got the initial files from the Noun Project, edited them to size carved it all with my Shaper Origin.

Gettin pretty creative there Rob. Can you do a 20 dollar bill?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

nice!  how many routers have they lost when they went flyin'??  
Winkgrin
Laugh
hah this is great!

(03-14-2023, 05:33 AM)arthropod98 Wrote: nice!  how many routers have they lost when they went flyin'??  
Winkgrin
Laugh

I have no idea but I do know of at least one that was dropped (wasn't me, just a witness). Did a real number on the collet & bearings.

I don't think they are setting them down while under full power. I think they are setting them down too soon as the bit is spinning down. Because it is a shared space, we encourage the use of hearing protection and some people just aren't attentive enough with just their eyes.
(03-13-2023, 08:22 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Gettin pretty creative there Rob. Can you do a 20 dollar bill?

Need a bit of time for that one.
I do not comment as often as I should in these threads, but I really appreciate the creativity and humor that goes into your choices in these patches. I hope the patrons of your guild do as well. It's a nice way to signal that mishaps will happen, and there is a sense of humor about it. That's the sort of thing that keeps new people from being run off by the more crusty gatekeepers of our shared passion.

Keep it up!
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(03-14-2023, 02:15 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: I do not comment as often as I should in these threads, but I really appreciate the creativity and humor that goes into your choices in these patches.  I hope the patrons of your guild do as well.  It's a nice way to signal that mishaps will happen, and there is a sense of humor about it.  That's the sort of thing that keeps new people from being run off by the more crusty gatekeepers of our shared passion.

Keep it up!

The poo-patch got about a 50/50 reaction. If I'm tee-ing off half the members, I must be doing it right.