CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure
Really really nice. I have enjoyed reading and following your journey.

Congratulations! - Phil
Virtually the whole of society believes in what they believe not by direct experience but by what they've been told. - Philip Jones Griffiths

www.spankyukes.com
I'll second Phil's comments.

Getting your bench completed is really a badge of honor. Think of all the skills you now posess that you did not at the beginning of the process. Yeah, you did well and you've got a heck of a "prize" to show for it.

There are more than 26 pages to this thread and I think I've read every one. However, I think this is my first post on it. I'm glad I got to see the finished project.

Perhaps that beer-to-work ratio fix deserves a "pinkies up" beer.

Congratulations!

Blaine
Congratulations CT!!!!!

Great job, great thread You have definitely been an inspiration for me. I can only hope mine turns out as nicely.

I'm looking forward to seeing your next project/adventure!

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Crooked Tail said:

Here we go one more time. Rubbed the heck out of it with an old tshirt, and then the fun part... putting it all together. Drum roll please....

It is finally... f-f-f-finished! For a while there I thought it would never happen! Wow wow wow. Cheers!

Hello CT;

Maybe you should just go ahead on your next bench and keep this thread going?????

I know, no more benches for awhile.........

I still think you could market those vise jaws......
Skip

Wow, that's very impressive. The way it's laid out looks like you spent as much time planning it as you did building it.

Very nice work.
Job well done CT! Congratulations, that bench is a work of art.

I hope you enjoy working on it as much as we have watching you build this bench!
Wow, that's a great bench and an inspirational story. I hope you sign it, and put a copy of this thread somewhere inside for your great grandchildren to find. If you print it out and attach it to the underside of the cabinet, they won't need to find an antique computer.

Imagine the pleasure of working on such a bench. I'm still at the pile of maple in the basement stage.
Congrats CT, on finishing the workbench!
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter!
Awesome! That's one hell of a bench CT! I'm really looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff you make with it!

Cheers,

Josh
First, awesome bench and an awesome effort. I aspire to do the same when I find a spare year!

I second evenfall's recommendation of a web article. You have most of the content for step by step, I think it would make a great story.

Congratulations!