Who are you
Scott Butler

Been using the 'handle' SDB777 for so long, it just stuck...

Scott B
I do have unlisted larger stock not listed on the website. We are always making new blanks, you should stop and take a look!
slabsblanksandboards
Update - the vortex got me!

I'm now 72, have a NOVA 16-44, 4 chucks and counting. I have made about 30 bowls of sorts now and a couple of funnels. The shop is now dedicated to feeding the lathe. Acquired a 14" bandsaw and the table saw has become a shelf.

Hurricane Irene gave me more wood than I'll ever get to and I have 20+ blanks curing on the shelves.

The latest adventure was to rough turn a norfolk island pine blank in Hawaii and ship it home. It is 14" dia and 10" deep, and bell shaped. To finish it will require a bigger chuck and deeper tool rest. LOML has no problems with my tool habits, but is beginning to want equal time with the credit card. Very much enjoy the forum and it has helped me a lot.
Shoulda shipped that blank home parcel post, you could have cored out two more bowls and paid for the whole shebang.
Love to see that NIP bowl when you get it done!
VH07V  
Names Art, you can figure out the rest. Got my first lathe in 2001. On my second now. Make mostly pens, christmas ornaments, bowls, but making chips is my specialty. I dont post that much because I'm usually in the garage torturing wood.
Soon to be 49 and still no sign of growing up.

I've worked for pretty much the same place since 1986 selling industrial cutting tools, abrasives and prec. measuring equipment. Also, trained at AmericanSaw/Lenox on bandsaw maintenance, and bandsaw blade welding. All geared towards the metal cutting end of things.
My goal in life is to be the man my dog thinks I am.
You don't quit laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you quit laughing.
George ..54..been turning for all of about two weeks..also a toolaholic..wife pointed out to me a couple days ago..you have 2 ts, 2 ras, 2 lathes,..so on so forth..can anyone tell me what her point is? ..
ya ever said something you thought was witty and intelligent and sobered up and said...what person said that?
Ambidex said:

George ..54..been turning for all of about two weeks..also a toolaholic..wife pointed out to me a couple days ago..you have 2 ts, 2 ras, 2 lathes,..so on so forth..can anyone tell me what her point is? ..

Two lathes in two weeks? Yeah, you're screwed. Welcome to the club!
Semper fi,
Brad

Ambidex said:

So how many pairs of shoes does she have ???
My goal in life is to be the man my dog thinks I am.
You don't quit laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you quit laughing.
Longest running thread in the WT forum.
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

I am Scott...

turned a bunch of pens..few bowls etc then stopped due to changing housing styles. Lathes have been in storage for a while, BUT I will be having a garage in the next 3-4 months.

Also, I am a husband, father for 7 days now, RN, etc.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Scott W said:

father for 7 days now

Congrats! That's the best stealth gloat yet.
Never, under ANY circumstances, make the last cut.

Three Seasons Woodturnings