Photo Tutorial
Submitted for those who are interested.

Photographing Your Work - A Tutorial

Special thanks to Alec Hosterman (Alec H) and Robert Stuart (Wipedout) for their excellent feedback. Thanks, guys!
Never, under ANY circumstances, make the last cut.

Three Seasons Woodturnings
Sticky for a while.
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

That's a GREAT tutorial...sound advice, worth bookmarking.

One other thought, and I tend to be very guilty of it. I often spend a lot of time making and finishing turned objects. But I spend too little time making my pictures worthy of them. I have to remind myself, that taking (and adjusting) the image is nearly as important as making the piece in the first place.
Looks great Neal interesting, educational and entertaining. Just as your turning is always - so is this - Very professional

Robert
I had to learn all that stuff by experimenting! Sure would have been a lot easier if this was available two years ago
VH07V  
Very informative and helpful as always, Neal.
Thanks!!!
Looks very good!! I was impressed with the time you put in on this - wow. Two thumbs up.
"Women. You can't live with 'em. Pass the beer nuts." - Norm, from Cheers
Holy cow - that's a great tutorial. Too much info for me to soak in at once, but I'll definitely read it several times. Thanks for putting forth the effort to do this.
Life is short. Eat your dessert first.

With great power comes a large electric bill.
Many thanks for this Neal.
Dermo Sluchaetsa.
Kevin.

Great, thats 30 minutes of my life that I'll NEVER get back.

LOL. Really though, I NEEDED that. I have never been able to decipher all the crap in those photo editing software programs. You did a great job by sticking to the few, yet it seems very useful, tools in the software. I messed around with a couple of pictures at random while reading your tutorial, and though I am still no expert, I was able to see drastic changes in the quality of the items. Thank you for putting this together, I will definitely be using this in the future until I can put these tips into my memory.
Jason Woodford

I happen to have a full set and once they had one bad winter of moisture they never real look good again. - Scott Whiting 6/24/10

I live in a constant state of horny. She's very obliging. Why mess with it? - Snipe Hunter