Photo Tutorial
It's alive!

Thanks for the bump.
Never, under ANY circumstances, make the last cut.

Three Seasons Woodturnings
Great tutorial! Thanks for doing the work and posting it. Another program that I've just started using is called Bibble. It's similar to Lightroom, in that it's directed specifically at photographers. It's also less expensive. They've got two versions, Lite and Pro. Also, you can download a 14 day fully functional trial. I got it because they make a version that will run on a Linux computer, which I use. It will also run on windows and mac.

Standard disclaimers and all that stuff. I don't have any connection with them other than that of paying customer.
I understand Bibble has had some delays in releasing their newest version (i.e. like it's a year overdue? ). From what I hear, however, their product is very good. I've never tried it but I may just have to download the demo and check it out.

Cool that they have Linux support. Photo editing is one of the few things that forces me to boot to Windoze these days. Gentoo rocks.
Never, under ANY circumstances, make the last cut.

Three Seasons Woodturnings
Yeah, they are behind schedule, but they have pre-release 2.1 of Bibble 5 available for download now. I'm still trying to figure out everything it will do, and it's a bunch. The current version, 4.10,works good too, and includes a free upgrade to version 5 when it's finally done.

I haven't used Gentoo. I'm using ubuntu.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
Bump
Bumpski
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Great tutorial Neal. I had never used the "curves" adjustment in the software I use (Paint Shop Pro). It is definately worth using where as before I might have tried to get the same results with a contrast adjustment. Thanks to all who bumped this, I hadn't seen the tutorial first few times around.
^^
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Neal thank you for that very nice tutorial I have never done that and to a newbie like me I found it very helpful. I guess hopefully in the next few months when I get settled and actualy get to play or make something I will not have any excuse for not showing.

Steve
You have been INDEXED.