Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy)
(12-30-2018, 12:48 AM)JimBob327 Wrote: sorry, don't think that the LOML would like me giving way Her herd.

Bob

Raised

Laugh
Laugh

Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Howdy
Well,  I see the forum change did loose a bunch of this thread. Along with the
view all your post feature.
Upset    I had a bunch of pic. of previous builds, I see are gone.
I also had posted drawings of my reindeer version.

I probley have most of them some where. Maybe I can go on a post whoring spree & post them.

I miss the +1  days,   or maybe not.

Here's a link to plans for the reindeer, NTR's  version  anyway reindeer on the inner web

Bob
Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14
(12-31-2018, 02:59 AM)JimBob327 Wrote: Maybe I can go on a post whoring spree & post them.

I miss the +1  days,   or maybe not.

Bob

Go right ahead.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

just seeing if I could bump this back to the fron

Bob
Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14
Yep ................
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

This year's herd (to add to my of my favorite threads)...is from a Maple tree that we had taken down from my parents house about 15 years ago.  Giving four reindeer to each of my brothers...the two Walnut deer go to my wife to add to herd from her late Father's wood collection.

Early in the process...followed by where they stand today - one more coat of wax and they'll be ready to be sent.

Attached Files Image(s)

You sure have this down to a science!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
That's a good sized herd you got there. I made a bunch of these around 10 years ago.  At some point I misplaced the template and forgot all about them after that. Ran across it again last year and made a few more. I guess it's time to dig around the shop to find it again and add to the herd.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
(11-15-2021, 08:48 AM)Terry W Wrote: That's a good sized herd you got there. I made a bunch of these around 10 years ago.  At some point I misplaced the template and forgot all about them after that. Ran across it again last year and made a few more. I guess it's time to dig around the shop to find it again and add to the herd.

Not a great pic, but here's the small family herd I made a couple years ago. Walnut from my grandfather's wood stash. I have a bunch more I need to make this year.

Kevin
For those who have made these reindeer, how did you finish them? In reading through the posts some recommended dipping into a quick drying lacquer. If you dip did you use a brad nail or small tack with a string or wire attached to hang until dry? Did you have any problems with the lacquer drying to fast in the bulk container while doing this? I have about 40 reindeer cut out and looking at the easiest and quickest way to finish them. Thanks for any advice anyone has regarding this.

Mike