Brese Plane Kit, First Attempt
Hi Klaus. Very impressive work. The Olive Wood came up an absolute treat. The steel dowel inserted into the top part of the blade. Is that used as an impact point for adjusting the depth of cut.

Stewie;
Actually that steel button is there to make sure that the blade does not slip through the mouth and crash into the floor or your foot when you loosed the cap screw.
Peter

My "day job"
Thanks Peter. Neat safety factor.

Stewie
Klaus ........ I am so sorry to hear about your allergies and do hope you get better very soon. You have so much talent and I know how you enjoy working in the shop and with this nasty stuff putting the Kabash on you sucks. I have to be real careful as well.

But your plane what can I say it is magnificent and a work of art. Very nicely done.

Steve
I just got around to reading this thread. That is one of the most beautiful planes I've ever seen.

BTW, I came across an article a few days ago written by Bob Flexner, saying he'd concluded that Tru Oil - while a good product - is little more than BLO. FWIW.

There's something wrong in the universe when someone so talented with wood has to limit his exposure to it.
Mike

Funny on occasion, embarrassing on average.
Bump
Peter

My "day job"
Peter
Thanks for bumping this once again . I don't remember seeing the olive wood version of this . It looks stunning to say the least. Job well done Klaus.
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
Klaus does such fine work. I checked today, and Ron Brese no longer offers plane kits. He suspended doing it in June 2013 due to the high demand of his custom made planes. There are no plans to offer the kits anymore. Bummer.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
bumpy
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Bumpity bump
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite