Bombe Secretary (picture heavy)
I've got plenty of ambition... I'm not sure if my talent can keep up

Dave warned me how difficult this was going to be and I threw caution to the wind and started it anyway.

I'm so excited to tackle this!
I can't get the smile off of my face.
Peter

My "day job"
Peter, great start. That is something I have imagined I might make some day, as well. Ken
packerguy® said:

[blockquote]Superglide said:

Wow!!
Gonna watch this thread.

+1

[/blockquote]

Add 1 here

Peter if you work at Diaman speed you should be done in a few days Nice vacay spot, woodworkers paradise.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'm no where near Diaman speed.

To watch him work is incredible. It really is a woodworkers paradise.

But he cuts his dovetails wrong... pins first
Peter

My "day job"
Thanks Ken
Peter

My "day job"
Looks like a great start. Look forward to progress reports.
Peter Tremblay said:

But he cuts his dovetails wrong... pins first

Isn`t that something, just like that hack Frank Klausz

Try it Peter, you may like it
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Peter
First I have not a clue what you are making except it is to be a desk.

Now I think you are haveing an awesome start with fantasic wood.

Keep up the good work

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Great start to a really ambitious project. When done, you will have not only a beautiful piece, but also a treasure trove of new skills. Please keep us in the loop.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
There are times when a craftsman has to seemingly destroy something in order to make the final product beautiful.

I think this desk may well be one of those instances.

Now, once you get it to your liking---or run out of wood, you will need to find out how to do a finish that preserves the beauty. That may well be more difficult than working the wood.