Bombe Secretary (picture heavy)
Ambitious project and beautiful work, Peter! Can't wait to see the next "batch" of pics!

Doug
Thank you,

It'll probably be next week some time since I'm out of town this weekend.

Now that I've finally gotten back to the shop after a few months away I've really got the itch and I'm excited about tackling this project.

I figure that if I can get 5-10 hours on it a week then I'll be able to finish it between 18 and 24 months from now.
Peter

My "day job"
That's incredible!

You make it look easy

Thanks

--------------------

Ed
Peter: nice.
Peter--

I saw the first post but then forgot about the rest. I was wondering how you cut those curves, and saw the lines in the "after", but was still confused. I finally, today, saw the pic where you used the dado to do it. Pretty dang ingenious. I would never thought to do it that way.

This job is looking beautiful. You're making MUCH faster progress than I EVER would! For me, my "Everest" project is a Pennsylvania spice box; I started one a decade ago and never finished it, also in walnut (my favorite wood, too). I'm hoping to start a new one this winter. If I ever make one, I guess I'll have to come up with a new "Everest" project!
Semper fi,
Brad

Nice work Peter

Love the dovetails
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Very nice job Peter. I know what this project is about. I'm in the middle of doing one as well. I've got the caucus done and 3 of the feet.
Any further progress Peter?
brnhornt said:

Any further progress Peter?

I did some carving on one of the feet. I finished it (except final sanding) but I wasn't happy with it... so I cut another blank and I'll use that foot as a study foot.

Lately I've had the "infill hand plane" bug and I finished a project that I started 3 years ago. I just put the final coat of wax on the plane tonight.

Pics will follow tomorrow.

So the bombe is on temporary hold. I'll get back to is soon... I promise

Thanks for asking
Peter

My "day job"
Hey Peter. That chest is really coming along! You and Dave have inspired me to use mostly hand tools for my next project. Ah, when I finish my bureau Will you be coming down for the show?

Michael