A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year?
Planning on a couple things:

-Getting 220v in my garage (subpanel, then wiring done by myself). I'll finally be able to power up my PM2000.

-Slab coffee table - I already have the slab. Figured curly walnut.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
efmrrt said:

Have you given any thought as to what your doing this year?

#1 Build a real workbench
#2 Build a bed
#3 Complete at least 3 other smaller projects (less time on woodnet more time in the shop )
#4 Insulate and heat the garage or make a shop space in the basement so I can get some shop time in the winter.
#5 Try some new finishes. Wipe-on poly is not the perfect finish for everything

P.S. I propose that we bump this thread every few months to see how we all do working towards our goals.

-Chris
opticsguy said:

1 New roof on house. (House will be a mild Victorian)
2 Exterior railings on wrap around porch.
3 Interior trim on wall around fireplace with large built in glass cabinet.
4 1925 dodge, finish and get on the road.
5 Travel and explore Peru.
6 Install my new table saw with big table
7 Restore 1929 JD Hay Press
8 Learn Ballroom dancing.

More . . . . .

Dang...you just made me tired
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Steve N said:

Something Maloof-ish?

The table is going to be pretty simple and contemporary. The chairs I'm still thinking about but they certainly won't be as intricate as the rockers. The new Domino will certainly get a work out and I'll break out the vacuum press to do some bent lamination for the backs I think.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Finally build my daughter a jewelry armoire that I promised her years ago and in the process video/document the build. Learn how to video and take pictures of my projects..lol.
You have to post pics as you build the chairs, so chair doofuses like me can follow along I want to make a few chairs, and was thinking about that ancient chair, Don made for Pop WW a few issues back. That is a huge lam.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Main project - Tidy up the shed, at least enough so I can actually make something.

Secondary project - make a loft bed for my daughter.

Third project - find some trees to mill to replace the wood I use for project 2.

Ian
I have several projects that I need to get done.

1. A Trestle Conference Table
2. An Entertainment Center (Credenza Type)
3. 2 Shaker Style End Tables
4. A Shaker Sideboard
5. Paint the Dining Room and Living Room

And one that I would like to try and that is my First Maloof Style Rocker (Using the Charles Brock Plans)

I would also like to Reorganize the Shop. When I moved back to the basement I just kind of put everything in there and now that I have been working in there I realize I could have laid it out a little better.

I would also like to learn how to sharpen Hand Saws

And I would like to host a Summer Woodnet Gathering. (Pulled Pork) etc.......

Lots to do!

Man, is this ever fun!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
I've got a good start on a complete set of cabinets for a kitchen make over. about three more boxes to build then I'll be making the face frames. The doors are going to draw-bore pined with haunched tenons.
If you can't find the time to do it right the first time,
When are you going to find the time to do it again?

Ace
Hmmm... does it have to be related to Woodworking?

1. Organize garage/shop to the point where the wife doesn't object to me doing more projects in the winter.
2. Plan and launch a successful Kickstarter project for an idea that I've got.
3. Rock my first attempt at teaching undergrad nursing students (in just 2 short days!).
4. Oh yeah... bust out two more full-time semesters of grad school, working toward my Doctor of Nurse Practitioner degree so that I can (hopefully) become a nurse practitioner in a few more years...

The garage is on the top of my list. I swear.