Old arn pic thread
Here's pics of my 1951 Delta Milwaukee band saw. Got it free along with a 6" Delta jointer and a tilting table table saw. Spent 6 days overhauling it.

" /> " />
]image][/URL][/image]
Bumping a few old/big threads for another year.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
I added this 1959 DeWalt 1030 RAS to the shop a few weeks ago (in the shop you can see the guys prepping to load a 1968 925 DLX into my trailer; it's getting sold off to pay for the 1030).

And this 1958 Powermatic Model 100 two weeks ago:

The RAS will get a basic "going-over" to put it into action. The yoke takes some pushing to move; I think it's simply out of adjustment. The planer will get basic maintenance--new belts and bearings and sharpened blades.
Semper fi,
Brad

Still sitting in parts

I have a 39 Uni, 48 Delta shaper, and one of the small 6" art deco jointers but no pics and more old stuff but just looking at all those pics made me tired and my back hurt. I need a nap
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

My addition earlier this year.

"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Here is some small arn:

Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
I saw one of those last week. The new owner paid $150 for it and had to drive quite a distance to pick it up. Yours looks way nicer
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

This 1953 Shopsmith 10ER followed me home recently. There is a chip in the paint on the belt guard but when I get the camera close enough to see it, the camera won't focus. No corrosion anywhere. All it needed to make chips was a new belt.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Here's one of mine. It's a Unisaw (Model No. 34-801) I got back in 2000.

The place where I was working at the time had a shipping department and they had this abused Unisaw sitting back there. They beat the living HELL out of it and never performed a spot of maintenance. It was sad.

Not long after I started working there the motor started acting up. That and a long list of other problems (plus some prompting my yours truly ) made them look into buying a new Unisaw. So the old one was about to be scrapped.

I ended up buying it for $100. I dropped a new 3HP motor into it, new magnetic switch, V-belts, (fabricated) motor cover, new extension table, and a Mobile base. Later I added a Bies Splitter and a T-Track Fence from PeachTree.

That bad boy has served me well for the past 14 years.

Link to full restoration
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Bob10 said:

I saw one of those last week. The new owner paid $150 for it and had to drive quite a distance to pick it up. Yours looks way nicer

I got that beat--I got mine, new, for free. But had to drive 2 hours to get it. Well worth it.
Semper fi,
Brad