Old arn pic thread
Late 70s PM66 that I tore down and restored:

A 40s era Parks Planer that I am going to sell to my brother for the cost of the motor I got but never actually mounted. I got the planer for free a few years ago, then went and got a motor. The planer is still sitting waiting for a restoration.

Buckaroo said:

An as found family photo of machines... (not a very good one but only one I could find)

What is that grinder? The base, in particular, looks stout as hell.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Buckaroo's grinder made me realize I didn't post one of my recent beasty acquisitions -- long-arm Queen City buffer. Believed to be pre-WWI, hard to believe it's only 1hp. That wire wheel will dang near rip your finger to shreds, DAMHIKT. PM60 8" jointer provides scale.

Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Lots of nice good old machine pics. My only old one is my bandsaw. It's an 1875 CB Rogers 36". It was used in industry for most of its life and they butchered it. They cut off the babbitt housings and put ball bearings in. It was sitting outside next to his front door.

It could be restored to like new but I don't have access to a mill and lathe anymore. I am doing as much of a restify as possible and have it running. The legs are painted. I need to find a way to get the top half from the garage to the shop so I can get it put back together. It's slightly heavy. The upper wheel has had some sloppy repairs on the rim. The tension bolt and nut are totally rurusted out. A chunk of acme rod and machine a new nut block for it.

The rusted out bolt and nut. Water sat in the nut and rusted iit and the bolt.may be able to save the nut block but the bolt is gone.

You can also see the pulley is a regular v belt one instead of the original leather belt pulley.
My first piece of "old arn." Delta 37-220 6" jointer, manufactured in 1958. Still need to get it configured for dust collection. I bought it about 6 years ago, cleaned it up, painted it, and put it back in service. This pic taken after a session on it this morning.

My current old arn restore project is this Delta Rockwell Super 990. Picked it up over the summer for $100:

Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
A woodnetter posted a craigslist link to this. Only 2hrs away so I went and purchased. I now have it torn apart, sand blasted and ready for primer. Also found a sales brocure with the saw in it. Could be purchased electric or gasoline.
[Image: 100_3093.jpg][/url]
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!
Found a Craftsman 150 drill press over the weekend--in aftermarket blue... $75, not a steal, but a fair price for a mostly complete DP.

Anyone have a depth gauge for sale? Model is 103 24521. 3/4 hp GE motor that spins nicely. The belt must be original and has had it!

-----
Justin
I have a simlliar Craftsman dp. Mines a floor model.
I modified depth stop. I hate turning the 2 huts forever to set the height.
It's just a big nut that fits over the threaded post, without using the threads.
A bolt in a threaded hole on the side of the nuts locks it in place.
Works great.
" />
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Boy this old thread has a lot of use to be's in it. Miss a lot of those guys.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Bump Bump Bump

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.