Old arn pic thread
I don't really have a "thing" for old arn but the combination of being cheap and wanting quality has definitely led my tool acquisitions in that direction.

1939 "Four Footer Unisaw"

Similar vintage Delta bandsaw

And a Delta scroll saw from the same era (I really should sell this one as I don't see using it much. Let me know if you want it )

All 3 came from an estate in the Milwaukee area just a short distance from the old factory.
mayo2442 said:

Here is a drill press I noticed recently on CL. The seller said it works and the only thing he is aware of that is missing is the belt guard. I am thinking about going to look at this. Any ideas on things to check or I should know about this one? Is the price reasonable?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/3527093507.html

Not too bad a price, definitely not killer. A buddy of mine is selling me a DP220 (bench version) for $150. I try to talk him down at least $100 considering the fact that it needs new paint.

If it's 3 phase, work that in, too, as you'll need to buy a VFD for it (~$150).
Semper fi,
Brad

Here are a couple of my recent additions.
1953 Unisaw

Burlington drum sander 24"

1969 Delta HD shaper

1944 Delta HD shaper
"If you make listening and observation your occupation you will gain much more than you can by talk.." --Lord Robert Baden-Powell

Cool thread. Lots of great machines up there.

A couple of mine.

1946 Unisaw

1950s Atlas Jointer

1950 Boice Crane Band saw

1940s Craftsman Combo Sander

1950 Delta Scroll Saw

1940s Crescent No9 TS

1976 Rockwell DP

1914-1915 27" Hermance Machine Co BS (Silver Made)

Not ready for work yet.

THis one is actually in service I just haven't taken an updated photo yet.
1940 something Walker Turner RAS. The geared head gives a 4.5" depth of cut with a 12" blade.

1940s 8" Crescent Light Jointer

Yates American J-180 18" Planer

and last but not least another not ready for work yet a late 1800' lathe by I don't know who. Still trying to figure that out.

Sorry for the long post. This has been kind of cathartic and eye opening. SWMBO might be right.
An electron can be in two places at once...why can't you? - My manager

-Steve
Interesting thread. Here are some examples by decade.

1920s, Gallmeyer & Livingston Mortiser.

1930s, Heston & Anderson Bluestar 12" bandsaw

Along with some others that joined a party.

1939, Delta 1460 lathe

1940s, Unit Electric Tool Company router and router table.

1959, Powermatic 90 lathe

1960s, Acme 2C edge sander.

1970s, Delta 46-111 lathe and Craftsman pedestal grinder.

I've had a few others.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
I'll bite too:

No idea how old:
Model 900 RAS

South Bend 10k:

WT 900:

Ag
Unisaw A100 said:

Unisaw A-100

THE glamor shot!!!

Doug
Here's my 1942 Power King scroll saw, now rigged as a sander since I got an RBI.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Restored this a few years ago and have been adding little extras over the years. Nicknamed the drill press of death.

Slav

"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.
Newton Borer Before:

After:

There is a lot more packed in my shop, but it is very similar to everything else posted.