Finished my tool box
I had been wanting to build a tool box to carry tools to club demos, and classes. I decided to do something along the lines of the Stanley tool box that was posted a while back. I took the Sketchup file that Doobes created and scaled it up a bit to hold 26" hand saws. I opted for a milk paint finish. Details are on my blog

Thanks for looking. Comments and critiques always welcome.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Digging it!

--------------------
"Aus so krummem Holze, als woraus der Mensch gemacht ist, kann nichts ganz Gerades gezimmert werden."
Thats one fine looking toolbox Jonathan. Nice work,

Stewie;
Terrific job! That looks great.
Hail St. Roy, Full of Grace, The Schwarz is with thee.
Blessed art thou among woodworkers, and blessed is the fruit of thy saw, dovetails.
Holy St. Roy, Master of Chisels, pray for us sharpeners now, and at the hour of planing.
Amen.
$300 is a lot of Money!
giant Cypress: Japanese tool blog
Jonathan, very nice!! It is not only functional but very well thought out and extremely well crafted. I especially like the hinges.

The entire piece flows.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Looks awesome. Can you give up some details? What are the dimensions on the sawtill? I'm doing some preliminary in-the-brain planning for a chest, and I'm not 100% sure what to allow for saws. I'm probably going to end up with 5 total and want to figure out what width I'll need.
Jason
There is something about the look of clear finished secondary woods inside a painted exterior that I love. Great tool box. I'm starting to realize just how many tools can fit in a small box like this and just how much you can get done with those few tools. Its kinda liberating
Happy Shavings,
Shannon
check out my blog for more stuff than I remember actually writing http://renaissancewoodworker.com
Very, very nice. Nice stealth gloat on the bedrock, too.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
That's a great looking box, and I'm sure its highly functional. Nicely done!
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

Very nice! I really like those hinges. Look great on that box. Does it weigh a ton when filled with tools?
Turning impaired.