How to polish a saw plate
I love you.
Eric.
Nice! Thank you- and another source for auto sol metal polish is Enco
Excellent tip! I've got a tube of Autosol in the shop, and I'm going to give this a try this weekend.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
eg54string said:

I love you.
Eric.

Thanks, I love all of you guys and gals too.
This sounds like it'd sound like nails on a chalkboard. Is it bad?
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
Christian Thanks for the tip, I will give this a try also once I start cleaning up and sharpening a couple saw's I have. Looks very interesting and Toby C. thanks for the link.

Steve
Christian Castillo said:

[blockquote]eg54string said:

I love you.
Eric.

Thanks, I love all of you guys and gals too.

[/blockquote]

Man! Gettin' kinda sloppy around here!

Toby
DaveParkis said:

That's amazing!! How did you discover this method? I'm very interested in seeing a pic or two of the etch to see whether the foil will damage it. Thanks!!!

IIRC, military types used this method to polish the brass that they wore on their uniforms-using foil wrappers from packages of gum.

This was a while back when young men were lucky enough to win the lottery.
Here's an etch (Simond's MFG Co) I worked on today, with the AL foil, and Meguiar's Med polish (could not find Autosol).
I don't think that it was affected.
Thanks again, Christian and Toby.
Eric.

I have used DuPont #7 clear coat polishing compound...works as well as Autosol or SemiChrome. Lots cheaper also.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset