Sharpening Western Saws, from Brit, or AWL, or Andy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...-_MF2Mnxwc
And here was I just writing the post Toby. LOL.

No worries, I'll add to this one in a bit.
-- Andy -- Old Chinese proverb say: If you think something can't be done, don't interrupt man who is doing it.
Sorry my friend, been anxiously waiting for this, couldn't wait to get the word out!

You can come and beat me silly if you want!

Toby
This is a wonderful video, thanks!
Toby beat me to posting my own video. However...

Aimed at those new to saw sharpening, this instructional video is 2 1/4 hours long and covers the theory, the tools and the practice of sharpening western saws. You get to look over my shoulder as I sharpen four saws – two backsaws and two hand saws. I’ll explain the saw sharpening process and how you apply it to different scenarios.

I really hope you find it useful. As to the production quality, I’ve done the best I could. I had to record it outside, so there is a bit of wind noise in places and some other background noises courtesy of my neighbours, but hopefully it won’t spoil your enjoyment.

It is best viewed full screen in 1080 high definition with external speakers or headphones. If you have AppleTV, you can play it on the big screen too. Alternatively, if your laptop has an HDMI connector, you can link it directly to your TV using your TV as an external monitor. So pop some corn, grab a cold one and enjoy.

This instructional video has been provided free of charge and I’m not looking to profit personally from it in any way whatsoever. However, every year my local community puts on a charity Christmas carnival, the purpose of which is to raise money for local charities by collecting donations from the general public on the day. If you find the video useful and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation at http://www.highcliffecarnival.org.uk/

When you navigate to the site, you’ll see a link on the left called Make a donation.

Click that link and it will take you to the Donations page which will explain how you can help us make a difference to people’s lives. At the bottom of the that page is a Donate button.

Click that button and it will take you through to Paypal where you can make your donation in a secure environment.

Please give whatever you think is appropriate. 100% of the money you donate will go towards the carnival and help up raise even more money for charity on the day. If you have any questions, post them here and I’ll do my best to answer them. It would also be great to see some photos of the teeth you sharpen. Thank you for your support and good luck with your saw sharpening!

Just in case you don’t know how to play the video below in 1080 HD, click on the video to start it playing, then click the icon that looks like a gear and select 1080 HD. Then click the Full Screen icon in the bottom right corner of the screen as shown below.

Now please enjoy the video.
-- Andy -- Old Chinese proverb say: If you think something can't be done, don't interrupt man who is doing it.
Hey man I got the email at 4:58 AM, didn't see anything here, so I posted at 2:28 PM.

Toby
I was planning a phased rollout Toby due to the fact that I've been at work all day and if I announced it everywhere at the same time, I wouldn't be able to respond to everyone in a timely manner.

No harm done though buddy. Hope you enjoy it.
I haven't enjoyed all of it yet, but I'm working on it! Thank you for taking the time to do this, it's going to help a lot of people.

Toby
Wow! As soon as I have a spare two hours I'm gona enjoy it. The first few minutes looked very nice allready.
I have paused the video 42 minutes in to come back to this thread and say that this video is amazing. The production values are essentially indistinguishable from a professionally made film. Really top notch.

The information is, BY FAR, the most comprehensive discussion of saw filing I have seen in the last month of trying to educate myself on this subject. It is well-presented, all of your discussion is very articulate and very clear. Your visual aids are perfectly thought out and obviously represent hours and hours of preparatory work.

All of this is obvious and I am only 1/3 of the way through the video.

No exaggeration at all: Somebody should invent a how-to video award so that this video can win it. It is the best instructional video I have ever seen on any subject.
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.