A few of the saws I made for WIA
Thanks for all of the encouragement and compliments.

Timberwolf said:

Every one is outstanding Iassc, but the one in stainless gets my vote... because I know first hand the difficulty working it and how well it turned out....

I broke a few blades experimenting with slotting it, but I think I have it more or less worked out. It sure eats through the blades compared to brass and bronze.

Blacky's Boy said:

How did you do at WIA? I hope you got lots of orders! With those saws as eye candy I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Sales were ok, but I think the exposure and contacts I made were much more important. It was really a great experience and an amazing group of people.

MarvW said:

Exquisite attention to detail Isaac. All lines are so sharp. I have a question about the Smith's Key version.... it appears that the tip of the upper horn would rub on the top of the hand? And could easily be broken off.

There is plenty of room in there for my hand. It's long enough that it wraps around and over my hand. I suppose the tip is not as strong as a shorter one would be, but hey, there's plenty left if you lose a little bit of it.

JeremyLP said:

I went to your site and had a look. Your 10" DT saw with Walnut burl handle is way awesome! Would it be ok to share that photo with my FB friends?

Please share away...

TobyC said:

I kind of favor the Elm though.

I do too. Not sure how much of it is sentimentality, but it is one of my new favorites. I wasn't sure if others would like it, but it sounds like there is at least some appreciation for it.
Isaac
Blackburn Tools - simply classic
Blog
The elm is indeed beautiful--I know, because I got to try it out. The handles really are as finely shaped as they look. I so wish I would have been able to buy one, but it's out of my budget at the moment.

After handling a lot of backsaws at WIA (including Isaac's), I found out that I prefer backsaws with tapered blades. They're not as nose-heavy, and I find them easier to handle.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Them saws are a thing of beauty.

Did you sell many of your rakemakers?
WoodTinker
My compliments Issac. I know what you mean about the carbide cutters. I must say the quarter cherry is right up there with the apple. It goes quite well with the 1840s style. Best wishes.
BontzSawWorks.net
Hi Isaac

Beautiful. Beautiful.

Design, proportions, attention to detail, execution - all top drawer.

The stainless steel sash saw is my favourite of all.

The lower hang on the carcass saw should give it more ooomph. But why the extended upper horn - it looks like it will bite your wrist?

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Nice!

It looks like the tapered spine is becoming the new in-thing, since Matt Cianci blogged enthousiastically about them. I also made a dovetail saw with tapered spine and canted blade. It is very smooth, starts very easilly too. But it also features 18 ppi, so that could be the reason too. How do you think about it?
Isaac .......... Those are some really beautiful looking saws. I like them all . I also favor the Elm and I love Cherry, I like your your design on the splines.

How was sharpening the Stainless Steel blade ? That is a very nice looking combination.

Thanks for sharing !

Steve
They are all beautiful backsaws Isaac. I could not pick out 1 favourite over another. Kudos for continuing to explore with shape and form.

Stewie;
opp's sorry, I miss read your SS saw, the blade itself is not Stainless. That is what I get for not having my Morning cup of Joe 1st .

Steve
Man!! Don't EVER read without caffeine!