Norris Style No. 6 Smoothing Plane
This is my interpretation of a Norris No. 6 smoothing plane. I built it with a steel sole and brass sides. The infill is Honduran rosewood. The iron is a 2-1/4" x 5/32" A2 Hock iron bedded at 50 degrees. I demonstrated this plane at Woodworking in America on a piece of birdseye maple. It sliced right through those birdseyes and left a glassy smooth finish on the wood.

Wow, nice work!!

I think I speak for the rest of the Forum when I say I'd like to see some more photos.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
I can personally vouch for the awesomeness of this infill.

What's even more awesome though, is the one man trip from Alaska, to introduce this beauty to the world.

Keep up the good work, Tony.
Beautiful!!!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
That's just stunning! Well done.

Steve
Wow , that is a beauty, great job. Thanks for sharing and like Dom mentioned would love to see more pictures etc.

Steve
WOW! Almost ruined my keyboard from the drooling.

Are you anywhere near the big halibut fishing grounds? I ask because that looks to be a nice king on your site.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'll post an action shot tomorrow. Light and fluffy satinwood shavings.

Rhett, it may be a nice plane, but it certainly is no Nice Ash Plane.

I'm about 4 hours from big halibut water. I did catch halibut that day, but the king made for a better photo opportunity.
NiceAshPlanes said:

What's even more awesome though, is the one man trip from Alaska, to introduce this beauty to the world.

They've already got termination dust on the mountains up in Alaska; Raven's just looking for an excuse to find some good weather!

All kidding aside, it's a beautiful plane, show us more!
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
It is indeed beautiful. I had a chance to play with it for a few minutes this past weekend. Its a heavy bugger, get up a little momentum and she just keeps going. If I can talk Tony into letting me borrow it for a week or so, I could move out of state, I mean give it a good workout in my shop and really see how well she performs.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge