Last saw for the year
I promise this will be the last saw I post this year. It's on its way to a fellow Woodnetter. I sure hope he likes it half as much as I do.

It is a 10 inch dovetail saw. The handle is desert ironwood, and has a bit of a live edge. The finish is carnauba wax.

The customer sent me this piece of wood. When you have material like this to work with, it's easy to make a nice handle. Yes, it looks backwards to you right-handers, but for us southpaws it is just right.

Isaac
Blackburn Tools - simply classic
Blog
Wow!

Another stunner!

I never get tired of looking at your saws.

Post as many as you like.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Now that's very pretty Isaac. The burl timber looks great with the natural feature on the reverse side. Nothing wrong with the look of a southpaw backsaw. I myself are left handed. Something else we have in common Isaac.. Great job to end the year Isaac. All the best wishes to you and your family with the upcoming festivities.

Stewie
oh wow what a beautiful looking saw. And if you want to post more saws before the end of the year I don't have a problem with that, great job Isaac.

Also glad to see some Left handed saws and sawyers out there, I love seeing your work .

Steve
Hi Isaac. Here's a photo of some types of burl timber I have used in the past for backsaw handles. Top left is Red Mallee, and the other is Blackeyed Coolibah.

Stewie;

darn, that's gorgeous wood! Once again, nicely done!

I've only used Dessert Ironwood a couple of times before. But that was small blanks used in pen turning. It was amazing to work with.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Window Guy said:

oh wow what a beautiful looking saw. And if you want to post more saws before the end of the year I don't have a problem with that, great job Isaac.

I am with Steve. I may not comment often on your handiwork Isaac, but I do anticipate seeing your stunning saws!
Isaac.... there is so much to like about that saw. Love how you incorporated some of the natural part of the wood and located it so it enhances and doesn't detract from the over-all look and shape of the handle. A very nice artistic touch.
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
Beauty job, eh!

Cheers -

Rob
Love, love, love that live edge and I am a big fan of desert ironwood. I do a lot of pens with DI.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill