Come on guys, put up some more pics of your work
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
You asked for it.
Screwdrivers

For saw nuts

Burnishers

Stairsaws (the only shop made saws I'll post in this thread because there are way too many other ones!)

Sawvise

Marking Gauges:

Bowsaws:

Lathe tools

Plane Hammer

Marking Knife and Awl

See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Here are some of the ones I made over the holidays

Small router plane:

Chisel handles (with BaileyNo5):

Drawknife sheath:

Small tools:

Sharpening station:

In Japan, there's probably a WoodNet equivalent where they're debating about Western chisels being a lot like Japanese plumbers. - AHill
A big wooden bi-square and a couple of small planes:
Craig D Does sawing logs count as woodwork? My blog
Here are a few

These side escarpment planes are an ongoing project. Just got some beech so I will start over on these. Also working on a wooden smoother

I made an edge float and a pair of cheek floats for these but don't have a good pic of them.

Dovetail saw

Carcass saw

Tenon and mortice cutter for chair making

A compass plane that can really hog away material for seat shaping

Bow saw

Some radius cutters
Marking gauges..

Dovetail saw..

Block plane

carving knives..

Pick and unfinished handle..

More carving knives and small carving..

Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

The most important shop tool...

Turned the one on the right, used the one on the left as a go-by.

Various screwdrivers.

True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Lots of outstanding shop made tools here... Some of you are incredibly productive for sure. The main benefit of this great thread might be the amount of inspiration one gets.

I like to build my own tools also, if I can find the time. Two of them:

A wooden shooting plane with lead filled (weighs about 7 lbs)

A plane hammer with ebony handle and inlayed ebony button

Klaus
lwilliams said:

I decided to try to make three sets for plane making. They're 7/8", 5/8" and 3/8" wide. The first photo is of them after stress relieving, the second photo is my set with handles I rushed through to test the steel, and the third is Don using his. I would guess that Don uses his for about 90% of his chisel work and I almost always reach for mine with I'm doing anything with a chisel.

Wow! They are not laminated perhaps? Do you make them from one piece of O1? How did you get that bolster on the end?

Great effort.

Ps, I see you have allready answered my questions. Great effort nonetheless. I do wonder if a blacksmith couldn't produce such chisels with a lot less effort? Apart from the Japanese bladesmiths there doesn't seem to be much blacksmithing around anymore in the chisel area.